Thread: Question on diapers in China

Default Question on diapers in China

Nobody ever really said in "Diapers in China?" where you could actually obtain them in the country. I was wondering if anyone knows where in Shanghai they can be found.

Thanks!

I have personally been researching buying diapers from China and importing them into my country for re-sale. There are ALOT of diaper manufacturers in china however if you want to order from the manufacturer you will be looking of a minimum order quantity of at least a 20ft shipping container.

I spent a good bit of time in guang zhou on a business trip few years back (crowded but interesting place...).... Diapers have been basically available in larger supermarkets, some street-shops (just on display... ), smaller shops,.... don't know about the quality or so....

I had to stay in Guang Zhou for like 2.5 weeks on a company sponsored trip...
    I took an extra suitcase along full of diapers (like 20 night time diapers and two pack of my daytime-pads ... that was back when a pad still worked well enough during the day)....
    But in the end if I'd have to go I'd take half of that and try local stuff...
    other than that in Hong Kong they're like everywhere...
    I've not been anywhere else in china - but assuming that shanghai is a major trade-post still these days and a vast city, I guess there must be diapers in about every larger store...
    I've found the chinese to be a lot less problematic when it comes to topics like incontinence and adult diapers...

vantran

I hear they make cheap and good diapers

Quote Originally Posted by vantran View Post
    I hear they make cheap and good diapers
    I hear they make everything! :P

Quote Originally Posted by ericd View Post
    I spent a good bit of time in guang zhou on a business trip few years back (crowded but interesting place...).... Diapers have been basically available in larger supermarkets, some street-shops (just on display... ), smaller shops,.... don't know about the quality or so....

I had to stay in Guang Zhou for like 2.5 weeks on a company sponsored trip...
    I took an extra suitcase along full of diapers (like 20 night time diapers and two pack of my daytime-pads ... that was back when a pad still worked well enough during the day)....
    But in the end if I'd have to go I'd take half of that and try local stuff...
    other than that in Hong Kong they're like everywhere...
    I've not been anywhere else in china - but assuming that shanghai is a major trade-post still these days and a vast city, I guess there must be diapers in about every larger store...
    I've found the chinese to be a lot less problematic when it comes to topics like incontinence and adult diapers...
    My wife's from Guangzhou...I was over there for two weeks a year ago (typhoon season!). What a crazy busy city. People shopping at all hours of the day...three full size shopping malls right next to each other, each of which containing a Pizza Hut...madness! I bought some adult diapers when I was there..they aren't all that great...I didn't see any Chinese Depends either...and they don't seem to carry Goodnites or Pull Ups there...

Chinese can make everything. but the thing that they make is really sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoTea View Post
    Chinese can make everything. but the thing that they make is really sucks!!!
    That simply is not true.

In my trade I've seen lots of crap come from china, true enough, none the less they have become quite good at many things, if you don't go for the shit-cheap-low-end stuff...

after all, never forget, many of "our" electronics, Clothe, tech parts... etc are made in china, up to western standards.

Default Buying Chinese Made Diapers

I have bought a lot of cloth diapers that are made in China and they are well made. The shipping costs are a real killer but given the distance I guess its not all that bad.