View Poll Results: Who will win the game?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

4 13.79%
  • England

17 58.62%
  • I don't care/Other

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Football (Soccer) United States vs. England

Default World Cup Football (Soccer) United States vs. England

On June 12th, in the first round of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa the first round features an anticipated matchup between the United States National Soccer Team and the English Football Team. The game is at 1430 EDT (1830 GMT) and will be highly anticipated by both nations in probably in one of the greatest games played for any US team since the Olympic Hockey finals against Canada. Since the US and the UK make up almost a good half of the folks here at ADISC, I wanted to ask about your feelings about this game and who do you think will win? I hope for a US victory, but I myself am more interested in American Football than Football (Soccer) any day of the week.

Of course I hope England will win, but we've been quite shocking lately. Anyway, we (by that I mean, my family) are in a difficult situation. It's my uncle's birthday and he's very inconsiderately (some might say stupidly) arranged for everybody to go out for a meal at the same time as the game. It's also his tenth wedding anniversary. Now then, certain members of the family (myself included) have had to decide where our loyalties lie. Do we miss the game to celebrate my uncle's birthday and anniversary? The answer to this should be obvious.

well i can only see England winning this one. england have a decent enough team, a bit over hyped but they still have a decent enough team. the only fator going against them is that they may not be aclimatised because they will have only spent ten days or so in sa, so they may not be used to the altitude (if they are playing in the mountains) or the heat

Peachy

Here's how you beat England: Try to get them into a penalty shootout. They suck donkey balls in those!

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Here's how you beat England: Try to get them into a penalty shootout. They suck donkey balls in those!
    That may be true, but this is the group stage!!

Anyway....

5-1

I think England is definitively favorite to win the game. However, remember the 10-1 win, err I meant 0-1 loss of England to the US in 1950 ^^.

Now, if only my country could qualify ounce in a while... I mean, Canada qualifies for the men's FIFA World Cup as often as England wins on penalties...

2-1. America shocks the world. It would be a stellar birthday gift.

I have to say, I probably won't notice if America wins or loses. I guess may the best team win?

Now I have realized that I have a work-related orientation that Saturday. It will suck a little not being able to watch the game but hopefully America can still pull off a great upset.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    I have to say, I probably won't notice if America wins or loses. I guess may the best team win?
    Why, thank you. In that case, let's follow the words of the English football player Gary Lineker, who once said that "Football is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins"