Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Question...

Default Stupid Question...

Quick question here, at what age does one start being considered an Adult Baby, as opposed to a Teen baby? 18? 19? 20? I just want to make sure I'm in the right catergory here... 39 year old "Teen babies" are kinda creepy =/

Hehe, that is up to the person, it seems. 18 + 19 seem to be borders where you can be considered BOTH an AB and a TB and it's up to personal preference. 20+ is an AB and <18 is a TB. In between is either, or.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    when teen leaves your age.
    So you're going with 20?

Should be when authorities stop calling you "a minor," therefore, I say 21.

The other answers here seem reasonable enough to me within the context of the thread. I'm only here to complain about the question itself but not at you for asking it. I think the distinction itself is pretty meaningless and the community fixation on it is unnecessary. We don't spend of time wrangling over TDL or ADL, there's just "DL" and somehow it works fine. Obviously, there are legal considerations with someone underage but these exist with the DL label as well and we don't fret over them. The important thing about it is that someone who is expected to be too old to like baby/little kid stuff does. It's the being too old that is the operative part, so how much too old one is should be irrelevant to the labelling. In that sense, a thirteen-year-old is every bit as much an AB as an octogenerian.

How about when you can rent a car *25* just kidding its either 18 or 20 im saying when u turn 20 cause teen is still in 18 and 19

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The other answers here seem reasonable enough to me within the context of the thread. I'm only here to complain about the question itself but not at you for asking it. I think the distinction itself is pretty meaningless and the community fixation on it is unnecessary. We don't spend of time wrangling over TDL or ADL, there's just "DL" and somehow it works fine. Obviously, there are legal considerations with someone underage but these exist with the DL label as well and we don't fret over them. The important thing about it is that someone who is expected to be too old to like baby/little kid stuff does. It's the being too old that is the operative part, so how much too old one is should be irrelevant to the labelling. In that sense, a thirteen-year-old is every bit as much an AB as an octogenerian.
    This. The distinction between the two labels is a silly technicality, which begs the question of why we have two labels in the first place. A TB and an AB are not fundamentally any different.

To be fair, it is useful to us have separate AB and TB forums given the dramatically different concerns between these two age groups.

Personally I use YAB, young adult baby. As a college student I just feel different than an 'adult' and a 'teenager', besides, if it's good enough for the Sims, its good enough for me.

babyface

When your no longer a "minor" depends on where you live! 18 in the UK!