Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Views on the Upgrade, and Questions for the Haters

Default My Views on the Upgrade, and Questions for the Haters

I've been browsing the new site for about 5 minutes, and I have to say I really love it. It feels fresh and clean and I think it's much easier to navigate. It makes me want to get involved more.

I can see that some people don't like it, but is that because you don't like it, or because it's different? Imagine if this is what the site looked like when you signed up. If Moo announced that we were upgrading to the "old" site, what would you think about that? If this is what the site looked like when you signed up, would it have really put you off?

I know that everybody's going to have a different opinion, so I'm not going to argue with you and try to change your mind, I just want to know what you think.

I really like it, the only thing I don't like is the fact that it's too wide for my screen. I just got a baby computer yesterday (netbook) and I have to scroll back and forth, which is annoying... but that may have happened with the old one, as well. So all in all, it's pretty chill.

Took me about three minutes to locate the "Reply" button.

While I certainly appreciate Moo's hard work, the new upgrade doesn't really seem nearly as organized or clean as the original layout. Then again, I'm also not a huge proponent of massive amounts of change.

Things that I think are strange:

- The individual posts are all pretty huge no matter how little you post;

- I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but when I type my reply, some of my text gets lost behind the smiley-buttons;

- Some of the other buttons along the top menu and next to user-names overlap with actual text.

Anybody else having similar problems?

Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    I really like it, the only thing I don't like is the fact that it's too wide for my screen. I just got a baby computer yesterday (netbook) and I have to scroll back and forth, which is annoying... but that may have happened with the old one, as well. So all in all, it's pretty chill.
    Hmm, yeah that is annoying. I don't have that problem though, but the old site looked fine on Nona's netbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Took me about three minutes to locate the "Reply" button.

While I certainly appreciate Moo's hard work, the new upgrade doesn't really seem nearly as organized or clean as the original layout. Then again, I'm also not a huge proponent of massive amounts of change.
    I'm the total opposite, I absolutely love change and new things =D Each to his own =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Things that I think are strange:

- The individual posts are all pretty huge no matter how little you post;

- I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but when I type my reply, some of my text gets lost behind the smiley-buttons;

- Some of the other buttons along the top menu and next to user-names overlap with actual text.

Anybody else having similar problems?
    I've noticed that the signature begins below all of the user info rather than directly below the post, which I don't think happened on the old forum. Perhaps this needs a mention in the bugs thread.

I agree with what some people are saying. The posts are to large were in the old version I could open a thread and look at 2-3 posts at once now I can only look at one. The signatures are at the very bottom of the post instead of right after the last line. I've noticed that when I was typing up a long post the scroll bar would jump up so you couldn't see the lines of text at the bottom. I'm noticing that when I pull up the unread posts there are two boxes that say "What's New" and yet on the forum homepage there is only one.

I love this site and I likes the new format for the most part once those fixes are made it will just be a matter of ajusting.

I liked the look of the older version better. It was easier to read and was quicker to navigate.
    I wish there was some way of choosing specifc colours for your background (choosing from a colour colour pallet would be nice), same with the text. It seems un contrasted, which is hard on my eyes.

I aslo havent discovered any new features, so to me, this upgrade seems quite useless.
    But it may get better (I hope, espeacialy with the colours) in the future as it gets worked on more.

I don't hate it but haven't really been a fan of the vB 4.0 sites I've been to so far. All of them just feel eh to me

I like it enough to want to keep browsing even though I'm really tired and have to work in a few hours...

and by this I mean it's like 42 steps in the right direction.... all that's needed now is a mobile version that actually works.

To put it plan and simply you guys just dont like change.