Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teen Werewolves

Default Teen Werewolves

Teen Werewolves Report - KENS 5 San Antonio

I was watching Infomania on YouTube today when they did a quick segment where they identify major headlines from local news affiliates. This week featured a report from KENS in San Antonio that featured High School "Werewolf" packs and the latest craze that has occured in several high schools in San Antonio. I found it interesting especially since this almost directly ties with the fur community and was kind of surprised and shocked in how they are just seen as just another teen clique and how they easily live amongst their lives. I would call it a must see and an interesting report overall.

I liked it when they said gangs were posers, and then explained why they weren't because they were a family that goes to each other for their problems. Ya, that's exactly like a gang, accept the gangs are that times 10.

I really like this. I think kids who express themselves to the extreme are going to be the most successful in the future. They're the ones that have to work harder in school to be accepted, and they have to be much more charismatic. charisma is what gets you hired, and is the most important quality in so many careers.

I wonder if these kids parents swat them over the head with a rolled up newspaper as punishment for not cleaning their rooms.

It's nice they make friends n' all but this isn't something that should go on past highschool. I'm sure most of them will look back at this when they're a few years older with beneficial unease.

Also the ''...we don't do this for attention.'' attitude doesn't jive when you have an artificial tail drooping from your pants, not that there is anything wrong with that if you're prepared to manage said attention you will get without whining about being occasionally ridiculed. Doesn't look like these kids mind.

and they have to be much more charismatic.
    I didn't get a sense of max level charisma from the kids in the video, Infact, for all their oddball threads they all sounded incredibly dull.

Last edited by MarcusBear; 29-May-2010 at 20:13.

I watched the video a couple of weeks ago. I suddenly got the same sort of feeling that non-furs feel towards furries. A little bit of disdain, a little bit of contempt. I tried to squash it because as a hardcore furry myself, I'm no better. And I DID engage in that sort of behavior in my early furry days. Still, there was some natural animal tendency (no pun intended) to smack each and every one of them upside their collective heads.

They're kids, this seriously isn't a big deal. How is this bad for the furry community?
    I mean come on they're only wearing contacts and fake tails, while a good portion of ADULT furries dress in full fursuits and parade around not only at cons but on the streets as well.

There is nothing to complain about, I for one admire their attitude about dressing differently,sure as you can see they aren't very smart but god damn they're just kids.
    *lethal face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by crazybunny13 View Post
    They're kids, this seriously isn't a big deal. How is this bad for the furry community?
    I mean come on they're only wearing contacts and fake tails, while a good portion of ADULT furries dress in full fursuits and parade around not only at cons but on the streets as well.

There is nothing to complain about, I for one admire their attitude about dressing differently,sure as you can see they aren't very smart but god damn they're just kids.
    *lethal face palm*
    exactly my thoughts...

I am not into the furry thing - although I consider myself very tolerant and don't have any problem with furries.

I think they're just kids...
    most of us did some weird stuff back when we were at that age... it's about finding out who you are.... it's about creating a world of your own and later finding your place in the common world as well ...
    give them a break...

I like bad 80s teen movies like Teen Wolf. They're so bad and tacky.

They just seem like a bunch of teenaged furries and therians expressing their own fashion clique. Nothing wrong with that. All I'm thinking is that news channels report crappy stories.

All I can think of is the SP episode with the infamous vampire kids and the emo-goths being blamed for the vampire's actions. The emo's basically call the vampires posers and stuff too lol.

As somebody who lives in San Antonio, I thought they actually were talking about furs at first. I know a goat, a few dogs, blah blah, but -cough- Wolfie Blackheart -cough- was the only wolf I knew. I honestly have no idea what they're talking about.

Uhhh I will say my friends and I have our own "pack" of wolves at our school.

We act the same way. Granted we don't dress all emo and shit, we perfer "Scene" styles and colors