Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unfolding & wearing diapers

Default Unfolding & wearing diapers

I do not want to try and get you to suck eggs however this may be useful to many who like to wear disposables.

The content of the diaper - apart from wee and actual size differs on the amount of absorbancy ability. The more absorbancy the more expensive the garment will be. I am informed that the ingredient used is the same used in garden plant granules that absorb water and is mixed with soil to maintain moisture. It is Very expensive!

However whatever make you use it is important to do the following. Remove the diaper from the pack and gently fold longways and massage gently (from the outer) up and down the length of the diaper to ensure any creases and folds are smoothed out.

After you have done this apply the diaper pulling up into the crotch and stick the lower tabs first. Then apply the upper tabs. Left then right so it is comfortably tight. The diaper should then fit comfortably and snugly allowing it to be used ad intended and without sagging or to some extent leaking. That is where the extra insurance comes in - wearing plastic pants/pilchers

I hope this makes sense!

Massaging it? I'll try next time I have some, thanks.

I never thought about massaging it! Thats an interesting idea. ^_^

Btw mind telling whats the purpose of massaging the diapers?

To remove the folds.
    IMO, it's useless and time waisting. If the diaper is put the right way the first time, it should not sag. If it's used for it's intended time, it should not leak.

EmeraldsAndLime

Disposable diapers are usually packaged in a bi-fold way. Generally I just unfold it completely, then fold it in half and move my hands in opposing directions so that every part of the padding is at some point completely bent in a U-shape. This usually removes those two original folds as well as makes it more puffy.

First of all I would just like to say hello and welcome to the site! I see you have already made an introductory thread, so your already on the right track to becoming a known and respected member of this community!

As for your guide, you may not have been aware that this site has it's own Wikipedia page that anyone is free to edit, and this seems like something that probably belongs in there. You can find the Wikipedia page by looking at the top bar and clicking "Answers Wiki", from there you may proceed to create your own article, or edit and view pre-existing articles. I think this probably belongs under the Guide to first time diapering page so feel free to edit that page with your information when you are ready!

Please enjoy your time here on adisc!

I prefer to massage my diaper after I have had it on for awhile... just dont try ironing them, its bad for absorbency

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    just dont try ironing them, its bad for absorbency
    Whatever you do--do not iron the diaper while wearing it!!! Remove it from your person first!

Mild to moderate injury could be sustained if you didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Needsaname View Post
    First of all I would just like to say hello and welcome to the site! I see you have already made an introductory thread, so your already on the right track to becoming a known and respected member of this community!

As for your guide, you may not have been aware that this site has it's own Wikipedia page that anyone is free to edit, and this seems like something that probably belongs in there. You can find the Wikipedia page by looking at the top bar and clicking "Answers Wiki", from there you may proceed to create your own article, or edit and view pre-existing articles. I think this probably belongs under the Guide to first time diapering page so feel free to edit that page with your information when you are ready!

Please enjoy your time here on adisc!
    Thanks for that.. Im still finding my way around - appreciate your help