Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapering Others?

Default Diapering Others?

So, I notice there are many threads about self-diapering, and the wiki has a page on that. However, how on earth does one go about diapering someone else? Particularly if I'm fairly new to all this and still a bit... I don't want to say weirded out, but diapers are outside my usual comfort zone. I want to expand it, and it's something I'd like to learn since I have a friend I'd eventually like to be able to do it for (and I'm pretty sure he's interested...).

What supplies do I need and how do I go about it?

Also, dealing with dirty or wet diapers is a limit for me, so that isn't something I need to worry about knowing how to handle.

Thanks in advance!

You need the same supplies. As you use when you change yourself.

Connorsoaked

Dealing with dirty or wet diapers doesn't bother a lot of people. Actually, seeing someone with one is definitely okay for me.

Changing someone is a personal act. It's kiiiind of hard to explain.

Um... the advice hasn't been great so far.

What do you need? Depends on what he likes.

Diaper - this is the bare minimum, but he may also want:

Baby Powder
    Baby Lotion
    Wipes
    Rash Cream
    Onesie
    Sleeper
    Shortalls

Basically, what a baby would wear. So for "changing" you'll have to ask him what he likes. In all honesty, the only thing you absolutely need is the diaper, everything else is up to you guys.

As for putting it on, it would be the same as a baby, except that he would have to lift his own waist up when you slide the diaper under him, unless he is really small or you are strong (like I'm only 96 lbs as of yesterday, so someone who is decently strong could probably lift me up).
    Last edited by Zephy; 24-May-2010 at 17:38. Reason: Forgot wipes

really there is not a whole lot to it (if you have a problem with wet and/or messy, just get some gloves)

as per standard you need a diaper, wipes, and powder, and maybe lotion or rash cream
    really it's a pretty intuitive process.

you might not get the fit 100% right the first time....but that's really not a big deal
    like anything, practice makes perfect :P

It is quite similair to changing a baby:

1. Open up the old diaper
    2. Clean what you can with wipes, remove old diaper, clean the rest.
    3. Place new diaper under him/her
    4. Use powder/lotion/rash cream/etc.
    5. diaper him/her

The only real difference lies in two points:
    1. The adult diapers have more tapes, so you have to fasten and unfasten more
    2. To quote Zephiel:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    As for putting it on, it would be the same as a baby, except that he would have to lift his own waist up when you slide the diaper under him, unless he is really small or you are strong (like I'm only 96 lbs as of yesterday, so someone who is decently strong could probably lift me up).
    Hopefully you can use this advice

@ zephiel: Wow, that is light. I could indeed easily lift/change you (me being able to lift myslef, and being 180 pounds) Still, I got to ask: How tall are you, cause this seems really light for a 17 y/o (me being one and knowing a lot of them)

Quote Originally Posted by diapersrulez View Post
    @ zephiel: Wow, that is light. I could indeed easily lift/change you (me being able to lift myslef, and being 180 pounds) Still, I got to ask: How tall are you, cause this seems really light for a 17 y/o (me being one and knowing a lot of them)
    I'm 5'5". I'm 30 pound underweight. I like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I'm 5'5". I'm 30 pound underweight. I like it though.
    Lol, you wouldn't even come to my chin :p Oh well, I know others that small (just mostly, not so light) And hey, it only makes it easier for people to change you

the procedure is pretty much like changing a baby's diaper as others have said but the other person an less their unable too physically should be able to lift theit butt up to have the old diaper removed and the new one put under them to help with the change is the main difference.
    personaly i would be uncomfortable changing somebody elses diaper but have no problem changing my own.

Peachy

It all depends on what kind of diaper change it's supposed to be and what the person is wearing before the diaper.
    I've done something as simple as helping someone tape up a diaper (who was too drunk to do it himself) to something as complicated as changing messy diapers.
    "Ingredients" are the usual stuff: Wipes, diapers, rash cream or powder, changing mat or towel.

Make sure you 'entertain' the person being changed by talking to them, or if they're an AB, tickling their belly button or leaning over and tickling their nose, or giving them a plushie. Even if it's not an AB, communication is important. What you talk about is up to you then, whether you're just warning the person of the cold wipes or humiliate/embarrass them by talking down on them how naughty they are for getting their diaper wet/dirty.

Peachy