Thread: Any Star Trek fans who are interested in an RPG?

Default Any Star Trek fans who are interested in an RPG?

Okay, I realize that this is a bit self-serving, but I'm a member of an RPG called Star Trek: A Call to Duty. It's old-ish, and one of the few officially licensed Star Trek RPGs out there. It's a load of fun. And we need more players.

There are a number of different ways that you can play, but the best way is certainly newsfleet. For those of you familiar with the forum based RPG, it's quite easy. And we really, really need more players, so, since this site is so large, I thought I'd send out the call here.

The website is Star Trek: A Call to Duty | Main Page They take great pains to be family friendly, and the players there are generally pretty friendly, a lot like you all here, to be honest. If you join, you'll want to join Newsfleet. Frankly, everywhere else has enough people to play, and play well. Newsfleet has ships that are almost totally uncrewed. But that's another story.

If you want more information, you can PM me, or leave a message on my visitor board, or just ask your questions here, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

GaashaHuzzah

Damn it Kirk, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!

Is this classic trek or TNG?

Also, why is Newsfleet dieing wile the others do well?
    Last edited by Khaymen; 23-May-2010 at 23:31.

GaashaHuzzah

Also, I call dibs on being Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by GaachanTheWench View Post
    Also, I call dibs on being Anakin.
    Isn't that Star Wars? I would so LMAO if this actually became a Roleplay thread even though I don't even like Star Trek

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Isn't that Star Wars? I would so LMAO if this actually became a Roleplay thread even though I don't even like Star Trek
    That was the joke... :|

Due to my username I automatically had to have been the one who picked that up!

GaashaHuzzah

Really, all you did was kinda spoil it :\

Everyone and their mums spotted it, actually. They just got the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Is this classic trek or TNG?

Also, why is Newsfleet dieing wile the others do well?
    TNG. And I have no clue. The others are rigid as far as time goes, you have to be on at a certain time for the IRC window to play. Newsfleet is a little less rigid, in that you only have to do a couple posts a week. It could be that people forget to check up on it, and eventually die off. As for the rest? I dunno. A lot of the players have had to leave for real-life issues, too. I think it's been affecting Newsfleet more because it was smaller to begin with.