Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a great vacation

Default Had a great vacation

Hi, all, we just got back from riding Amtrak back east and had a great time. My wife insisted that I wear diapers at nighttime on the trip (she doesn't trust me anymore without a diaper at nighttime), and since I use cloth diapers at home, we ordered a case of Abenas M4 X-Plus and they worked wonderful! Not a single leak. We brought along Zip-lock bags which I would put the diaper into each morning, and then put that into a plastic Wal-Mart bag, so nobody saw anything about the diapers either on the train or at our relatives home. Those Abenas are one great diaper!! But at home I still like my cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Remember I told about seeing my 6 y/o grandson stealing a diaper before we left on vacation? Well neither I nor my wife told our daughter (his mother)about it before we left. Yesterday our daughter came over to welcome us back and I saw her having a serious talk with my wife while I was doing something else. After she left, my wife told me that their family had gone to visit another family with small kids last week. Right before leaving, the host mother found my grandson in the babies room trying to put a diaper down his pants. My daughter was very embarrassed, not to mention how my grandson was. My daughter said that she wasn't prepared to talk about it when they got home, so she just let him go to bed. Well the next day, after he had gone to school, she went through his room and found a bunch of diapers, of various sizes, hidden in his closet. After he got home, she showed him the diapers she had found, and he started to cry as she talked to him. His only comment was that he liked how they feel in his underwear at night, and admitted that he would even wet them sometimes (she wondered why there would be stains in the bed sometimes when she changed his bed, because he didn't know how to fashen the tabs or most of the diapers are to small for him to not leak when he wet them).

She took all the diapers away, and he looked very sad about it. She doesn't know what to do. She is afraid to take him anyplace now for fear of him stealing diapers again (even church because she thinks that is where he got most of them, even a cloth diaper). She asked my wife for advice and she said she would talk it over with me and get back to her. What should we tell her? She doesn't know about me being diapered nightly, and we don't want to tell her about it. Any advice would be helpful.

This put even more emphasis on the genetics theory, hmm...

IMHO Don't tell her about your diaper wearing. That would only freak her out. But imagine if you were your grandson. It's got to be harder for him because he has no clue about what his feelings are.

Tell her but don't. You could say you did some research and show her Understanding Infantilism, but you don't have to tell her that your into the same thing. Things could go from there.

My wife called our daughter and told her about this site (When Kids love diapers). After reading it, she called back and asked, "is this site saying I should BUY HIM DIAPERS? I know that would solve the problem of his stealing them, but he is 6 years old!! Am I to diaper my 6 y/o son?"

I read the site also and that is what it seems to say, but that is how I became a very deep DL. Should we tell her that that would be a good idea to at least try them?

I'd say to make sure he understands that stealing is wrong, no matter what the reason. If he really wants diapers make him WORK to get them. Give him chores and instead of allowance he gets a diaper. That also might make him think that diapers = work and make him not like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    My wife called our daughter and told her about this site (When Kids love diapers). After reading it, she called back and asked, "is this site saying I should BUY HIM DIAPERS? I know that would solve the problem of his stealing them, but he is 6 years old!! Am I to diaper my 6 y/o son?"

I read the site also and that is what it seems to say, but that is how I became a very deep DL. Should we tell her that that would be a good idea to at least try them?
    I think the less that is made of this the better. The largest risk of any weird fixation is making it out to be some big hairy deal and making him feel strange for wanting them. Steer clear of any shaming tactics but I'd think it's okay to remark on the practical downsides of diapers (possible leaks, extra expense, not good with certain clothes, etc.) when the opportunity naturally arises. Odds are this is something that will pass on its own and he won't even get through the first pack. I don't think it's necessarily wrong that she should diaper him but I think I'd want to leave it as a privacy thing and let him take care of it on his own. It's not as though a six-year-old is not physically capable of self-diapering.

Zephiel snuck his post in there before mine and I very much agree that he needs to be corrected on the matter of stealing if he hasn't been specifically. The diaper thing should be represented as a non-issue, it's the stealing that was bad. I'm ambivalent about the idea of chores for diapers.
    Last edited by Trevor; 22-May-2010 at 03:27. Reason: commenting on post that happened while I was typing and then corrected poor Zephiel's name spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Zephiel snuck his post in there before mine and I very much agree that he needs to be corrected on the matter of stealing if he hasn't been specifically. The diaper thing should be represented as a non-issue, it's the stealing that was bad. I'm ambivalent about the idea of chores for diapers.
    That was a joke >_>!

As a great man once said "I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right" ):<

I've often wondered would I still want diapers if my mom had only let me wear them. Of course I wanted to be back in diapers by the time I was 4, and the feeling never went away. Once discovered, I was made to feel extremely ashamed and guilty, but by then, I was in college.

At age 6 I have misgivings about buying a child diapers. On the other hand, it really seems to be running strong in him and that brings me back to the beginning. If allowed to wear, would that ease the desire?

It is not an easy question to answer.

I was a bed wetter and wanted to wear diapers, but when she proposed me wearing diapers at night I turned her down flat.

To this day I wonder what it would have been like to wear diapers around the house without sneaking them.

From the reading I have done, and after reading the suggestions of the other thread responders, I would suggest the chores to earn diapers idea. If diapers are something he really wants he will be willing to work for them, instead of stealing.

On a side note, this really does make the genetic aspect a little more plausible.