Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black/White

Default Pokemon Black/White

So as some of you may know Pokemon B/W have been confirmed! That's right folks - generation V is imminent!

Not only is it in a much more appealing and eye settling 3D and as Nintendo promised even more innovative than they've already leaked, but returns as a familiar fan favorite with the never stale Pokemon game play!

A while ago a new dark fox based Pokemon for gen 5 was released simultaneously with the confirmation of this continuation, and one of my furry friends said, but I haven't checked myself is quite popular.

But recently we were given a colored picture of the new starter trio! Pokemon Black and White starters revealed in full color -- Joystiq On this site are the pics of the new 3 starters, what appears as a grass snake with hind legs(wtf?) maybe it will evolve and gain legs and become a grass/dragon. A pretty ugly fiery pig if you ask me, which is also a disappointment because i''ve been a true fire starter fan since red, and a weird water otter thingy.

Also finally both the male and female sprites this game are awesome! Also the two playable trainer sprites are reportedly older looking by a few years.

So any thoughts on this guys ?

my thoughts are ever since gold/sliver/crystal have been released most of the new pokemon are unoriginal and/or useless. Pokemon has been made into a horrible game at least in terms of competitive battling.

Sure I'll play black and white, but like it as much as generation 1 or 2.. I doubt it.

I think the pig's cute. Like a pig-bunny. Haha.

Buuut I probably won't play it, since I only have a Game Boy Color. xD

Mako

That is all.

Pokmon Black & White - New Pokmon

Black and white Pokémon. The evo for the dark fox thing looks pretty epic, imo. Starters suck, though.

I am quite optimistic about the new games actually. I actually like how the new starters look so far. D + P looked like the bust of the series, I'm thinking this will be the "revival".

Although competitive battling has only gotten better in my opinion. Red/blue was absolutely dominated by all the psychic type pokemon, and g/s didn't have too much variety either. There's a lot more strategy to it now with stealth rock, u-turn, and assorted stuff, instead of the mostly pure sweeper teams that used to exist.

Provided these aren't on the 3DS, I will probably buy them. I notice a lot of dislike for the newer games. I'm going to be the odd one out and say that despite playing since R/B were new, I consider Emerald to be the pinnacle of the series so far.

Also, what will they do for the legendaries this series? It's pretty hard to top god as a pokemon. We may actually see less powerful legendaries here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Provided these aren't on the 3DS, I will probably buy them. I notice a lot of dislike for the newer games. I'm going to be the odd one out and say that despite playing since R/B were new, I consider Emerald to be the pinnacle of the series so far.

Also, what will they do for the legendaries this series? It's pretty hard to top god as a pokemon. We may actually see less powerful legendaries here.
    I'll be honest, my largest issue is the massive amounts of HMs. Well, it isn't THAT much, but I think 5 was fine. 8 HMs where half are water? wtf? It's hard to have a balanced, proper, six-Pokémon team if you need 8/24 moves to be an HM. (Surf is actually good, but there are better attacks.)

i'll probably get the pig
    it looks to be the one with the best defense