Thread: Hi All.

Default Hi All.

I'm Albernhei, but you can call me Al, I guess. I'm pretty bad at this whole introducing myself thing. I'm a DL, been that way since grade school, I think, and just found my way here. Seems cool. I also play a lot of RPGs in my free time. Helps to keep the other personalities in check. I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and am willing to debate, if that's what you're into. I'm not really sure what else to say, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Cool Nice to meet you AL. You play rpgs on the computer or do you do any pen and paper stuff? Personally I like em both!

Quote Originally Posted by Albernhei View Post
    ...but you can call me Al, ...
    (Insert funky music here) Call... me... Al... Na-na-na-na-na na.

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    (Insert funky music here) Call... me... Al... Na-na-na-na-na na.
    You beat me to it! Ok, the only Sci-fi stuff I know at the moment: have you read Neuromancer? If so, isn't it a lot like a proto-Matrix book/film how it plays out? Lastly, what do you think of the new Dr. Who? Personally, its hard for me to get into after David Tennent leaving the show.
    Welcome and join the IRC chat!

Welcome to the forums!
    I have not seen that much of sc-fi stuff, except for Star Wars another sc-fi that I can't remember. :/
    I remeber trying to watch Dune, but stop because I lost track of the story, even though it's sound interesting of what I got. (You know, trying to control a planet.)
    I do enjoy RPGs. May I ask what is your favorite?

I do pen and paper RPGs, and also computer RPGs, both video game, and text based. I play a lot of D&D, (AD&D 2.0 and 3.5 mostly), though lately I've been playing more D20 modern than anything else. I am a member of a number of text based RPGs on the 'net. My favorite of those would be Star Trek: A Call to Duty.

Never read Neuromancer, but I'm waiting eagerly for the next Doctor Who to come out in the states. Damn Brits won't let me stream it here. lol. Amon, which Dune did you watch? Was it the 1980 one, or the sci-fi one? The Sci-fi one does more justice to the book, I think , but then, the book's so long, there's really no way you can do it a whole lot of justice.

I saw the 1980 one by David Lynch. Wil you say sci-fi ones are better, or should I just read the book? :P

Read the book. the one done by Sci-Fi channel was the best of the movies, but you still need to read the book.

Alrighty, I will see if I can pull myself togheter to read the book. I'm sadly not a fan of books, except for crime stories.

Well, it's got quite the crime. It's sorta one of those with wheels within wheels within wheels. As far as plot goes, so it's really got something for everyone.