Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shock collar

Default shock collar

hey do any of you have shock collar? what are they for, whats the point of them?

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by matrix36 View Post
    hey do any of you have shock collar? what are they for, whats the point of them?
    The main point of a shock collar is to bound animals to a certain area of land, IE a back or front yard.

I do believe that also answers your second question.

Most people into the whole 'fur' thing don't go wit shock collars, the set up to actually get the shock wouldn't really be worth the effort of digging up the yard to bury the sensors.

Also, I do not personally have, nor do I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by GaachanTheWench View Post
    The main point of a shock collar is to bound animals to a certain area of land, IE a back or front yard.

I do believe that also answers your second question.

Most people into the whole 'fur' thing don't go wit shock collars, the set up to actually get the shock wouldn't really be worth the effort of digging up the yard to bury the sensors.

Also, I do not personally have, nor do I want one.
    Aren't shock collars also used on dogs that bark a lot. Every time the dog barks the collar goes off so they associate barking with being shocked and stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Aren't shock collars also used on dogs that bark a lot. Every time the dog barks the collar goes off so they associate barking with being shocked and stop?
    Either or.
    My guess is that the furs who go into shock collars use it for "the next level of fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Either or.
    My guess is that the furs who go into shock collars use it for "the next level of fun".
    I'd be up for trying one... actually, I really want one for RL. I could learn to stop talking so much. If people didn't give me strange looks I would actually wear one.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I'd be up for trying one... actually, I really want one for RL. I could learn to stop talking so much. If people didn't give me strange looks I would actually wear one.
    I think it would only work if you had a barking problem.

Although...

I do remember an episode of the Simpsons that had Nelson wearing a shock collar that went off whenever he thought about girls.

I always thought they were for training animals by classical conditioning or something. I'm probably wrong.

I doubt many furs wear them as the pain from the shock might deminish the fun of wearing the collar, any that do might be interested in BDSM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    I doubt many furs wear them as the pain from the shock might deminish the fun of wearing the collar, any that do might be interested in BDSM.
    They might indeed >.>

I certainly want one though it is more the BDSM side of it and less the furry side of it.