Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for you all

BabyRavey

Default A question for you all

Ok all I have a question. I want to go all out with my baby thing with my mommy. But I was curious of who else wants to do something of that sort. Like have a private room for a nursery. I mean not for all the time use but for when I feel more in the zone. Im not sure if Im the only one that wants to do this. Please give your thoughts.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRavey View Post
    Ok all I have a question. I want to go all out with my baby thing with my mommy. But I was curious of who else wants to do something of that sort. Like have a private room for a nursery. I mean not for all the time use but for when I feel more in the zone. Im not sure if Im the only one that wants to do this. Please give your thoughts.
    Back in 1991, when I fell in love with Don Davis, he already owned a large house in Pasadena, CA USA. The two bedrooms previously occupied by his older adult children were vacant. So once Don and I married we redecorated the spare bedroom nearest the master suite as a playroom.

Then in 1995 we started construction of our current home, also in Pasadena. Our master suite is at the end of a hallway. Across the hall from the suite door is the door to my nursery/playspace. I keep most of my larger plushies there, along with toy blocks and so forth. The closet of that room holds my folding highchair and playpen. My working changing table is in the master suite. Casual visitors assume it is a massage table.

My sister Missy and her husband John own a home near us, They use the bedroom next to theirs as an adult nursery. They have a custom-built adult highchair in the nursery. Missy's changing table is similar to mine and stays in the master bedroom.

Before we built our new house our good friends Peggy and Lance got way into AB. She had lost much of her bladder control the middle of 1995. They built another wing onto their home, nearly the size of their normal master suite. It has a full bathroom. That room is large enough for a pair of adult cribs, two similar adult highchairs and a large playpen, still leaving room for a changing table and space for them to play on the floor when they are in their AB mood. All of their custom AB furniture was built by a Hollywood area prop company. That same firm built Missy's highchair.

To be honest, it is a luxury to dedicate a room to being an adult nursery. Perhaps it would be possible to temporarily convert such a nursers back to being a guest room, but it is more fun when the paint, carpet and wall decorations are childish. It would not be practical for most folks to have a prop house make such custom furniture, because in Hollywood the prices are as if the props will be used in a big budget movie. The prices I have seen from some on-line AB furniture makes seems more realistic.

Don designed and made my changing table from ordinary available kitchen base cabinets, like used to make an island. The top is thick plywood with foam padding covered with the same sort of vinyl used in doctors offices. We did add safety side rails that can lower at the head end of the changing table. Those we bought at an Infant/Juvenile furniture store. Missy and John also bought kitchen cabinets and the same kind of safety rails.

I would love to have a small nursery of sorts. I envision it to have something like this to hide the room from unsuspecting visitors. That, and I think that a hidden room is pretty badass, nursery or no.

That sounds absolutely wonderful, Angela. I am so jealous that I may just cry myself to sleep tonight. I am sorry BabyRavey, I forgot to give you my opinion. Yes, I would most certainly love to have a Nursery-Room.
    Last edited by fifigal; 19-May-2010 at 02:45. Reason: Needed to address OP's topic.

(googling Angela to try to find directions to house.... oh wait inside thoughts)

Yes I think having a special room with all your toys, diapers, and either a childish bed or even special AB furniture would really make your experience more enjoyable.

i would love to have a room for my cubby self it would be so much fun when you really get in the mood

I would worry about having a nursery due to the binge/purge cycle. I assume after I'm done building it that I wouldn't want it anymore or just break it down before it's even completed.

I feel like doing that all the time. When Me and my Mommy get married we will set out kids nursery up... and use it UNTIL we get a real baby. XD

MommyGweniebear

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    I would worry about having a nursery due to the binge/purge cycle. I assume after I'm done building it that I wouldn't want it anymore or just break it down before it's even completed.
    First of my babygirl very nice thread. I love you so much!

Kite, the nursery my little one mentioned will go as planned, unlike some we have committed to this being lifelong and no such binge/purge cycle will exist for us. She enjoys being my baby and I her Mommy.