Thread: Howdy, It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Smile Howdy, It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Hi there I'm Green or you can call me Johnny. Sorry for not posting an introduction post up until now lol I didn't know how to start a thread up until now. Well lets see about me... Well I'm very interested in architecture plan on being an Architect as a future career, I love drawing, I enjoy listening to music such as techno, classical, metal, and video game soundtracks. I'm a DL been one since I was 4. If you got any other questions to ask me don't be shy to ask now.

curiousitykitten

you seem like a pretty cool dude! Architecture eh? Have you ever heard of that "create your own lego" design contest? I kind of want to do it for the packaging design (LOVEEE GRAPHIC DESIGN) but ive never had the patience to play with legos >.> even digital legos (probably nothing complex as cad...but i hate anything where you have to think mathematically. i remember being forced by my technical high school in a 2 week CAD intro class and i remember spinning in my chair for a good portion of it o.o)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    you seem like a pretty cool dude! Architecture eh? Have you ever heard of that "create your own lego" design contest? I kind of want to do it for the packaging design (LOVEEE GRAPHIC DESIGN) but ive never had the patience to play with legos >.> even digital legos (probably nothing complex as cad...but i hate anything where you have to think mathematically. i remember being forced by my technical high school in a 2 week CAD intro class and i remember spinning in my chair for a good portion of it o.o)
    Oh legos had a contest going on? Looks like I have another contest to enter. I have ADD but it's my passion that holds me glued to my computer or hand drawing. I've actually use AutoCAD in my house designs: the floor plan, elevations, front rendering, electrical, and foundation plans. I actually got a blue ribbon in state in an architecture contest just last week. I ponder whether there are architects out there who also are DL like me. lol

Might have been a bit better in the Introductions section...but this is cool too I guess.

Welcome to the community anyhow!

Peachy

Introductions go into the Introductions-section! *moved*

curiousitykitten

yeah its constantly going on! the lego thing that is. I to am a state and national champ in animation and desktop publishing! i think we have a lot in common >.> only i dont have the add. I <3 computer art

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    yeah its constantly going on! the lego thing that is. I to am a state and national champ in animation and desktop publishing! i think we have a lot in common >.> only i dont have the add. I <3 computer art
    WOW! National CHAMP! It's an honor to speak with you then lol. Hey maybe I'll send you some of my floor plans so you could do a 3d version of the house xD that would be awesome!

Green, I like your name, any story behind that? I was an architectural student back in the days but could not stand the grind of the office once we did internships. So I quit that and started my own construction company, first in New Mexico and then in New York. I think it was the right choice for me, but sometimes miss the intellectual stimulation of creative work. I do sculpture (see the snake avatar) when I can find time which is not too often

I do encourage you to follow your bliss. There is a big need now to develop all the "green" technologies. I am happy to share more if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Isle View Post
    Green, I like your name, any story behind that? I was an architectural student back in the days but could not stand the grind of the office once we did internships. So I quit that and started my own construction company, first in New Mexico and then in New York. I think it was the right choice for me, but sometimes miss the intellectual stimulation of creative work. I do sculpture (see the snake avatar) when I can find time which is not too often

I do encourage you to follow your bliss. There is a big need now to develop all the "green" technologies. I am happy to share more if it helps.
    I've chosen Green as my alias name on the very reason we should be concentrating on; green technologies, efficient, and effective. Also cause it represents life, earth, vegetation, freshness, it's such a vibrant color if I do say so myself.

I've been wanting to enter the architectural career since the age of 12 my ambitions will only be fueled by the adversities that come my way cause in the end I will reap what I deserve. In return I will design "Green" homes that not only consume little energy but give back to mother nature. Thanks for the encouragement it means a lot to me. =D