Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best compromise?

Question What is the best compromise?

Sure diapers may have certain soothing, calming, or other effects on those of us who choose to wear them, but what about how they might impact the adult side of us? Sure diapers might be a nice fantasy to get off on from time to time, but what about how they integrate into paying rent, putting bread on the table, etc.? What is the best compromise? Or is any kind of a compromise even necessary?

Personally if I couldn't afford to be putting food on the table, I think buying diaper would be the last worry on my mind. Seriously, if it gets to the point where diapers are more important than having food to eat or a roof over your head it's time to seek help.

So for me there is no compromise necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDan View Post
    Personally if I couldn't afford to be putting food on the table, I think buying diaper would be the last worry on my mind. Seriously, if it gets to the point where diapers are more important than having food to eat or a roof over your head it's time to seek help.

That's pretty much gonna be the end of the thread here folks!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDan View Post

LittleDan has summed it up pretty well. This is why I don't have a bunch of the diapers that I want to try, because I do not have the extra money to purchase them. At the time I am just keeping enough food in my fridge, so the pack of giant eagle brand taped briefs work just fine.

Default Hold on there....

Clearly Little Dan is right on the money with his answer, but is the answer really so simple? What about when one's diaper involvement might affect certain things that might be a little less concrete and obvious? How about if one might forgo a job promotion or a new and better job because of one's preferences? What about when one might forgo a marriage because of one's preferences? Are these things more important, or what?

Mako

Clear judgment, intelligent communication. and most importantly learning to balance one's kink with one's life. The explanation really is that simple, but sometimes to implementation can be complicated dependant on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosan View Post
    Clearly Little Dan is right on the money with his answer, but is the answer really so simple? What about when one's diaper involvement might affect certain things that might be a little less concrete and obvious? How about if one might forgo a job promotion or a new and better job because of one's preferences? What about when one might forgo a marriage because of one's preferences? Are these things more important, or what?
    I do not let being an AB control my life. It does not affect my job or relationships. If I were getting into a relationship I would tell my partner. If somebody is truly meant for me, they will be accepting of all of me, all of me. I do not wear to work, the people that I work with have known me since I was young, and I am way to paranoid and think they would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosan View Post
    Sounds pretty simple to me. If you believe that you want a diaper more than a wife and family that is your choice. You do not require a wife and family to survive so it is aesthetic and comes down to preference. As long as you can afford to live each day the diapers can be as important as you want them to be.

My answer would basically remain the same. As Zephiel has said it is upto the individual if they want a relationship and family etc. But being able to live, pay bills, rent etc etc has to be priority

So then, so long as one does not become a burden to others, then one should consider one's self as free to forgo whatever things one may choose to forgo in one's life for the sake of one's desire for diapers? This is a true story that I am about to tell:

There was this guy who inherited a small fortune from his parents who were involved with the Popular Mechanics magazine. At any rate, this guy was an *b/dl person and he opted to spend the rest of his life in diapers, living alone in his home, in the Phoenix, AZ area. He also opted to be what I will call an "In your face" type of *b/dl person who insisted on wearing these babyish outfits with poofy pants wherever he went, much to the chagrin of everyone around him. This guy eventually died a year and a half ago, and he was just in his 50's. He died alone in his home, I believe of a heart attack. They found him there a few weeks later, still all dolled up and in a less than cleanly condition. :yucky: Now this guy definitely paid his rent and put food on his table. Was this a good thing he did with his life?

See: “Baby Man” William Windsor Found Dead in Home

(Note: After first writing this, then later looking this story up, I edited this note and fixed a few minor details about this "Windsor Story" and inserted this link to the actual story. Thanks for pointing out the need to get the fine details right Mako. I didn't know he went by the screen name Heidilynn. I think I remember seeing him in a forum or irc chat somewhere.)
    Last edited by Jimbosan; 17-May-2010 at 01:12. Reason: added note about correcting details.