Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidentally removed my documents folder from start up how do I fix it?

Default Accidentally removed my documents folder from start up how do I fix it?

Can someone help me with this one? I can't download anything now because of it. Or save anything, PLEASE HELP!!

Do you mean from the start menu? If so, you can simply right click somewhere on the top ( just not another program,) of the start menu and go to properties. Then the start menu tab and in there, you can select customize... and put pretty much any programs/folders in the menu.

Didn't help. It's gone from the start menu. I can't like documents on my computer the button is broken. I have the folder. But I can't get it to work on the start menu.

Set your downloads/saves to a different folder.
    Or make another account on your computer and transfer your bookmarks to it.

What version of Windows is it? And you're folders should still be accessible (provided you didn't accidentally delete them).

First check the recycle bin to see if you put the actual folder there.
    Otherwise, go My Computer, Local hard drive (usually the C drive), Users, [You're user name] and then make a shortcut of the My Document folder and drag it to you're desktop (that's the correct filepath on Windows 7, but I believe its the same on XP and Vista).

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    What version of Windows is it? And you're folders should still be accessible (provided you didn't accidentally delete them).

First check the recycle bin to see if you put the actual folder there.
    Otherwise, go My Computer, Local hard drive (usually the C drive), Users, [You're user name] and then make a shortcut of the My Document folder and drag it to you're desktop (that's the correct filepath on Windows 7, but I believe its the same on XP and Vista).
    On XP it's a tiny bit different :

C:[assuming the hard drive is C]\Documents and settings\[Username]\[The My document folder should he right here]

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    You deleted System 32 didn't you? lol
    a) Windows wouldn't let you.
    b) That wouldn't just affect My Documents.

Random post is random o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    a) Windows wouldn't let you.
    b) That wouldn't just affect My Documents.

Random post is random o.o
    Windows wouldn't let you because windows IS the system32 folder :P