Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: favorite pickup truck

Default favorite pickup truck

Hi folks heres a light topic, what is your favorite truck and what kind do you have? I have a 99 ram 1500 w/a little work done to it, larger tires, new exhaust etc. Its been a basically good truck its got some balls an old fashioned type transfer case and a nice straight big fat old axle setup up front danas front and rear. Ive been able to go through stuff that stopped other full size trucks cold. I have been very impressed for a long time with toyota trucks especially the little suckers they made years ago, Ive seen those go up, through, around, under just about anything that gets in their way, I saw one climb up the side of a mountain through some very nasty stuff to retrieve a deer that was shot, I would have bet $1000.00 it would not have made it but it did it easily, from that point on I was impressed, so please lets hear your opinions and thoughts

My favorite truck I had when I was a teen, I had a 1947 ford 1/4 ton, with a V-8 flathead and a 4 speed straight gear trans, that means you had to double clutch each gear in order to shift it.

Other than that truck my favorites a chevy silverado's I had a 05 with everything HD and my last one was an 08 LS, both short wheel base 4wd's.

Now I have an 09 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, but I'm thinking about getting another silverado, this is the most uncomfortable truck I have ever owned,I like getting 26 mpg, but it hurts my back driving it, then again this ones getting old for me it has 6k miles on it now......

Right now I have a 1999 Silverado, regular cab short bed. Sharp truck, but I'm thinking of trading it for a 2010 Silverado. I like my '99 and I get compliments alot, but rust, age, and mileage are becoming an issue (I've lost my brakes twice now, within 6 months). Though it's had it's problems, I'd say that Silverado's are still my favorite pickups.
    Last edited by 1162; 14-May-2010 at 00:48.

I currently have a 2005 Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab. I bought it new and it now has 56,000 miles on it. I guess that this would explain that the Ford F-150 is my favorite truck!

I drive a 1999 Ford Ranger that my parents gave me. They said it's a good idea to learn on a stick shift.

I guess Jeeps are trucks since they're built on Dodge truck platforms. My favorite to go off roading is my 96 Jeep Cherokee. I've crossed streams in it in 4 wheel drive and driven through snow in low low where no one else was moving.

1969 Ford F-250 4x4, 8' style side bed, 390V8 or 300six, (had both) 4-speed manual with creeper 1st and Ranger option package.

I love anything with a diesel in it. But.. my current car is a 1998 Honda CR-V with 187k miles. When I get this guy paid off I am going to get myself a diesel.

My favorite truck growing up was the Toyota Tacoma due to it's presence in Baja and rally races. Growing up in San Diego allowed me to see a lot of classmates with these trucks sporting reverse rake suspensions and such.

last summer my dad bought a full sized bed Sliverado, it's pretty sweet.. though it's long as all hell with a 8 foot bed. Sadly he didn't spring for 4 wheel drive, though I can understand why, but he did get the V8 package.