Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello im new

Default hello im new

my name is jon and im a baby fur and i like to talk and work on computers and servers and if any one need help i can help them

Welcome to ADISC Jon! Any other interesting things about yourself you want to share?

Default more

well im shy but im all ways ready to talk, im a big nerd and i am a web admistrator and creator.

Hi, from another huge computer nerd!! Seem to be a lot of IT Related people in the ABDL world (can't comment on the fur world...since I know nothing, hehe).

The question has to be asked... Linux Server or Windows Server? I'll always use Linux servers where I can... damn, windows active directory and domains!!

Enough of me rambling!! Welcome to ADSIC! Enjoy your stay!!

linux on 9 of them and 1 windows server (required)

Nice. I used to have about 15 computers set up when I was still in school. Now I have my home network whittled down to under 5 machines. I have my main PC (Dual Boot Win 7 / Ubuntu (10.4 this weekend if I have time)) a Vista Laptop, A 1u rack mount Server 2008 and a 1u RHE5. The windows and RHE boxes are used as a development environment. I also have an original xbox modded and running XBMC and I hope to get a SFF net top to replace it with running XBMC on linux or maybe Boxee. Glad to have fellow nerds here

cool im glad that there are nerds here and im hopeing that the week i will be adding 10 new servers to my network

thats nice. You have any website? What sort of network have you?

yes i do but i use it for work not play like ssh,vpn,irc,sftp,http,proxy,spacewalkand much more so it not much of a public thing but i will make it later

i also have 10 other network that i work on that are off site
    Last edited by Trevor; 18-May-2010 at 22:33. Reason: merging posts

Cool, networking nerd! That is what I studied in high school, and study in college. Cisco networking to be precise. As I move further in with my studies I look forward to getting more into server side stuff.