Thread: Hello World

Default Hello World

Now where to begin? For the longest time I have lurked many sites like this one just listening to other people's conversations. As the summer is quickly approaching I have decided to dedicate myself to actively participate in this site over the others I have seen. Mostly because this site looks like it focuses more on the practical experience of this fetish whereas others just want to fantasize about stories of different realities. Don't get me wrong I think those sites are entertaining too. I feel that I am finally ready to approach the other members of this community and build online friendships through interaction with those I can relate to. Not that I'm asking for friends now, but it is my goal to have friends to chat with online.

Now how about a little more about me? I am a straight male at the end of my first year of college in Austin, location kept private (Hook em!). I haven't really enjoyed the true freedom of wearing in privacy but I may be getting an opportunity soon (see a future thread I will make in Adult Baby (or Teen Baby I'm not sure where it goes yet)). I like video gaming so perhaps I can participate in PSN shares later.

My Avatar stems from a just a good idea in my head at the time. Lonely Planet is actually the name of a travel guide so I am trying to allude to my willingness to explore and see what's out there. But I also symbolically see this fetish as our own world trapped in isolation from the rest of the world.

Have any questions for me? What should I elaborate on?

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
    Now where to begin? For the longest time I have lurked many sites like this one just listening to other people's conversations. As the summer is quickly approaching I have decided to dedicate myself to actively participate in this site over the others I have seen. Mostly because this site looks like it focuses more on the practical experience of this fetish whereas others just want to fantasize about stories of different realities. Don't get me wrong I think those sites are entertaining too. I feel that I am finally ready to approach the other members of this community and build online friendships through interaction with those I can relate to. Not that I'm asking for friends now, but it is my goal to have friends to chat with online.
    When you have the time, check out the live chat up top and you can connect to the #adisc chat room. I think we benefit, as a whole, by being a support group for not only *B/DL people, but people with actual incontinence as well. It helps us to understand that there's real people here that we can all help and it's not a pervy fantasy land that goes out of control (not to say it doesn't happen, but only when appropriate).

Now how about a little more about me? I am a straight male at the end of my first year of college in Austin, location kept private (Hook em!). I haven't really enjoyed the true freedom of wearing in privacy but I may be getting an opportunity soon (see a future thread I will make in Adult Baby (or Teen Baby I'm not sure where it goes yet)). I like video gaming so perhaps I can participate in PSN shares later.
    How did your first year go? Did you take time off before attending college? Sorry to hear about the lack of privacy. I'll keep an eye out for your next post, hopefully your situation will improve for you. Check out the computer and gaming subfolder under off-topic. Most of us have 360s, but there's definitely a group of PSN kids that want to play as well. The xbox people have a weekly gathering on Friday, so hopefully this will entice the PSN people to do the same.

My Avatar stems from a just a good idea in my head at the time. Lonely Planet is actually the name of a travel guide so I am trying to allude to my willingness to explore and see what's out there. But I also symbolically see this fetish as our own world trapped in isolation from the rest of the world.
    Well you found us so that's a good start. I think I can relate to what you're saying because I'm trying to find friends yet still isolated to human interaction with other *B/DLs due to distance and time constraints. I'm hoping this will change soon.

Yeah, being in Ausin, what kind of music do you listen to? Aren't there a whole bunch of big and small summer music fests happening out there? Are you attending any of those? What are you majoring in college for? Congrats on getting the ball rolling on college (have to do the same this fall) and hope to see you around here and on the IRC chat more!

Welcome to the forum.

You may tell us as much as you would like or as little as you are comfortable with. In general, the more active you are and the more about yourself you are willing to share, the better you will fit in and the more you will get out of your time here.

Thanks for the replies Khayman and Kite.
    I jumped right in from high school to college the summer after. Its been a rough first year for me. I feel that I have been very slow to adapting to the college life in terms of managing time efficiently and proper study habits so I'm starting out with a low GPA. I do have high hopes to improve myself and get better though and I have a good plan to do just that for next year.

I hope your college experience goes will. All and all its been a blast, you'll make so many new friends as long as you actively go out and do stuff. My advise would be to find a club or group that shares your interest and just meet up with them. Its so easy to meet new people but you need to take the first step to go out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Sometimes all you wanna do on a Friday night is sit in your place watching tv/playing video games/surfing the web all night. Although that can be a lot of fun too and very relaxing after a week of hard work and pressure, avoid letting that become the same routine every weekend.

I'm actually from a smaller city in Texas and I plan on heading back there for the summer so I won't get to see any of the summer music festivals. I have yet to attend a music festival this year but I hope to attend one next year. I'll have to omit my college major since the info I have already given is starting to narrow me down. I will say it is a science major though. I have a strong passion for studying science and there are a lot of opportunities here for me to do original research. I'm not generally sure what I want to do with a career yet.

It's good to hear from people so soon. I look forward to sharing more and hearing more later.
    Last edited by SnoozyCat; 12-May-2010 at 20:48. Reason: Edited out hometown for paranoia reasons, safety first!