Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ouija - Please be safe.

Default Ouija - Please be safe.

A friend recently informed me that they been wanting to get involved in playing with a Ouija Board. That's the problem though, this is not to be treated as a game. I know toy stores market it and sell it to this day which doesn't help by any means. I'm here to tell you, just stay away from it entirely.

I'm concerned for my friend because they don't seem to realize that its very real. You are tampering with the spirits, both evil and good. I played with one a long time ago when I was a kid with a group of friends. We thought it was all fun and games until it didn't even need us to touch it to start moving on its own. We were all very skeptical at first, not sure what to ask as fear had taken over but the rush of excitement didn't allow us to turn back. At that point it spelled out "Dont be scared". The memory is vivid and I'll never forget the entire session that followed shortly after.

Please don't be a fool. Respect the board for what it is and never anger it. Do not trust it either, spirits will and can lie just to earn your trust. For those that don't care though, please do your homework so you know exactly what you're getting involved in. I found a ton of advice on here very helpful. I'm only mentioning this here because I know we have a good assortment of kids who were my age when I had my first experience. If I was naive enough to try it then I'm sure someone else is too. I figure I would give you the advantage so you don't make the same mistakes I made. This was not a easy post for me to make or to even admit to but with recent revelations of my friend this had to be done. Once again please be careful or just stay away entirely.

Butterfly Mage

Lemme tell ya: as a Wiccan, I would not touch a Ouija board with a ten-foot pole.

I have to second the OP's point. You are messing with things that you do not need to mess with. I am looking at it as a Christian; there is good and then there is evil. These boards bring the evil. Don't even be in the same house with people using one. I've seen and felt things from them that scared the s**t out of me, NEVER AGAIN.

Error404

The dead vary. As do results.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Lemme tell ya: as a Wiccan, I would not touch a Ouija board with a ten-foot pole.
    I second this, i use to play with ouija boards all the time, then i became a wiccan and it doesnt work at all anymore there must be a reason.

Should I also stay away from the magic 8 ball?

I think the Ouija board isn't "real" from a science standpoint and faith based stand point. Really what is a Ouija board? just Paper and wood right... spooky stuff, paper and wood is.

A Quija board is a toy.

It's a novelty item and parlour game. That is how it is sold now and it is how it was sold when it was created; the term 'Quija' is actually a trademark of a board game manufacturer and always has been. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it is connected to spiritualism, divination or anything of the sort and no evidence that paranormal or supernatural forces are contacted by it. There is therefore no sound reason to believe that they are.

The far, far more likely explanation is that the results seen on a Quija board are produced simply by either concious or unconscious movement by the individual using the board the ideomotor effect.

And if you don't believe me, believe Derren Brown, Michael Faraday and the evidence in front of your eyes.

If Ouija boards are real, which I highly doubt, then why? Why a board with a bunch of letters and stuff on it? Couldn't I just pick up a piece of paper and a pen and say "spirits, allow my hand to write your message!" or something like that?

I'm gonna agree to disagree.

I know what I saw. No one even had to touch the board for it to start moving. Pushed subconsciously? Not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    If Ouija boards are real, which I highly doubt, then why? Why a board with a bunch of letters and stuff on it? Couldn't I just pick up a piece of paper and a pen and say "spirits, allow my hand to write your message!" or something like that?
    Because that would be too easy. Where's the fun in having spirits haunt you by making you write stuff? Isn't it more fun to try to decipher messages from what you think are spirits trying to talk to you?

Seriously though, I'm going to have to agree with Jaiden on this one. The ideomotor effect seems like the most logical explanation for any effects that Ouija boards may have.