Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colitis / Crohns / IBD / Celiac / Other

Default Colitis / Crohns / IBD / Celiac / Other

I am just wondering how many adisc users have either colitis, Crohns, Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBD), Celiac or other gastro-instestinal disorder.

What drew me into this site was "diaper talk / incontinence." I have Crohns.

I tiolet between 6-10 times a day. I get frequent diarrhea. And, I also wear a diaper.

Previous threads on Colitis / Crohns / IBD / Celiac / Other are closed.

I have endometriosis near my colon, which has similar symptoms to IBD, and my stomach is extremely sensitive to wheat, cooked meat, and dairy.

IBS- with diarrhea is what i have...

colitis runs in my family though....

Everyone who has these disorders(considering that they are mostly genetic/autoimmune) should have there doctor run a check for hla-b27

HLA-B27 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have IBS (Congenitive - runs in the family)
    I am not in diapers for it - although diapers have bailed me out of trouble before. I have a couple of relatives that are diapered for it. But fortunately my case is somewhat more mild than what some other folks in the family have to live with. Of course symptoms seem to worsen with age so who knows where it might go?

I don't know if this is relevant but you people with IBS/lactose intolerance/Chrons and the such might wanna try looking into a yoghurt drink called Kefir, apparently it's meant to be great for most of these things.

Crohn's patient for the past 6 years with varying symptoms depending on how long my last endoscopy was and what I've been eating/drinking.

I managed to go about 2 years without any major problems up until April when, I deduce, stress from school and my living situation blew out of proportion and have sent me into a more sensitive period (don't want to call it a flare-up just yet)

I'm hoping that things will clear up now that I'm taking it easy but my last endoscopy really messed up the works. I'm not sure why doctors would suggest an oral purgative to a Crohn's patient. I haven't felt pain like that in years.

In any case, here's hoping mine and everyone else's conditions clear up

crohns runs in my family my dad has it i could have it i hope not

i believe colitis and crohns both run in my famo. my grandmother had her colon removed just recently.

I have had IBS-D since I was a little kid. Too many accidents and full diapers to remember. A couple of years ago, I had my first colonoscopy, which confirmed it. I stay away from fried greasy foods and that helps some. However, oftentimes I get a sudden attack out of the blue. "Normally" I have 2 to 3 BM's a day. On an IBS day, which happens about once or twice a week, and it's 5 to 8 BM's a day. During a bad episode, I go into a fetal position afterwards and become really cold (for a reasons having to do with my nervous system). Due to my bedwetting and severely overactive bladder, I've been wearing diapers 24/7 since 2004 and before that wearing occasionally (mostly at night) for as long as I can remember. I've tried many yogurt concoctions, meds and other remedies to no avail. Both my grandfathers had colon cancer (one died from it and the other had his colon removed).

I have had IBS since I was a kid, but I did not even know a name for it then some 50 years ago. I just watch what I eat now and it is alot better.