Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fumigation and diapers??

Default Fumigation and diapers??

I dug around for a while online and a bit here, but did not find anything about this subject. They are bombing my apartment building later this week, because a few apartments down the hall are infested with bed bugs. I myself do NOT have said bedbugs, but they have to do the whole building because the little monsters could just run from one apartment to another.

The paper that they gave me to "prepare" tells me to bag up bedding, stuffed animals etc. I am trying to figure out what to do with my diapers; I assume the fumes could soak into the diaper, and I don't really want to put those chemicals in sensitive areas. I store all my diapers in a duffel bag in my closet.

Do you think they will be ok if I double trash bag them?
    Thanks

probably wouldn't hurt to cover them up, guess in a similar way as the other stuff? (just in case)

Butterfly Mage

Maybe you could put all your diapers into a trash bag and then seal the end of the bag with packing tape. That would present an airtight barrier and protect your diapers from contamination.

ironfox

well first of all I'd triple bag the duffel bag so the chemicals cant get to the bag and soak into it. then i'd put somewhere not likely to get the most air coming in like in the back of a closet.

I would just bring the duffel bag with me. If anyone asks, just tell them it's stuff you don't want to expose to chemicals.

I'd probably be safe and bag them. I don't think I'd take the chance of having chemicals like that around sensitive areas like that, you know?

They make 2 gallon sized ziploc bags. Might be worthwhile- seems like it would make a far better seal than would trash bags.

That said, do they give instructions on how well bagged up other things (like stuffed animals) should be? I assume the same level of safety would apply.

Miku

Bed Bugs - every bed has them. theyre tiny insects smaller than the eye can see. honestly, you cant even see them with a magnifying glass. theyre that small. every singel bed in the world has them, and what they do is suck your blood in your sleep, just like a mosquito, only in your sleep. theres billions in every humans bed. its pretty much the size of a flea. theres no way fumigation can get rid of them. are you talking about some other kind of bug?

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    wtf am i talking about
    Here is a picture of one and some information for you

OP, I suggest you take them with you, as other have said. I don't know anything about bombing except for your house smells funny afterwards. Better to not take the chance with anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    Bed Bugs - every bed has them. theyre tiny insects smaller than the eye can see. honestly, you cant even see them with a magnifying glass. theyre that small. every singel bed in the world has them, and what they do is suck your blood in your sleep, just like a mosquito, only in your sleep. theres billions in every humans bed. its pretty much the size of a flea. theres no way fumigation can get rid of them. are you talking about some other kind of bug?
    I think you are talking about mites, those are everywhere. Bedbugs are a different story, much more noticeable, and can make people miserable. I do feel bad for the people that have them; I saw one of the guys that has them and he has horrid looking bites all over his arms.

=====

Sorry I forgot to thank everybody for their help.

THANK YOU!!!
    Last edited by Powderhair; 06-May-2010 at 03:21. Reason: forgot to say thanks