Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it tick you off

Default Does it tick you off

Does it tick you off when you hear or read a story on the Internet or TV that has something to do with someone and adult diapers, and when you see the diapers they are adult disposable underwear and not actual diapers

Well.. adult diaper is a lot easier to say than 'pull on incontinence brief'. Pull up style and tape-up style both serve the same purpose at the end of the day. I can't see why pull ups can't be referred to as adult diapers.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkid View Post
    Does it tick you off when you hear or read a story on the Internet or TV that has something to do with someone and adult diapers, and when you see the diapers they are adult disposable underwear and not actual diapers
    No... Not at all...

There are a lot of people in this world who don't love wearing diapers, you know.

Why should we strip them of their dignity just because we want to be appeased with the proper wording?

Quote Originally Posted by charliebonce View Post
    Guys, he's objecting to people calling products other than 'real' diapers (pull-ups, I guess) diapers. Not the other way around (people refusing to call pull-ups and other products diapers).

Anyway...it doesn't really bother *me* at all...however I can see how it might bother the truly incontinent; it's embarassing to wear 'diapers' for most people. I assume they'd prefer them to be called 'absorbant underwear' but that doesn't really have the same instant recognizableness as diapers. If you say 'diapers' everyone knows that you mean a garment worn as underwear used to catch pee and poo.
    Oh.

Re-read... Yeah, I see it now..

Alrighty then.. I suppose I've never really come across that kind of situation.. But I guess it might annoy me a bit for the same reason that I gave before, just a different application.

We shouldn't strip others of their dignity for a joke or something, blah blah blah.
    Last edited by Mesmerale; 03-May-2010 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    No... Not at all...

There are a lot of people in this world who don't love wearing diapers, you know.

Why should we strip them of their dignity just because we want to be appeased with the proper wording?
    ^This.

Doesn't bother me in the least. I'm guessing most people reporting on the actual factual stories wouldn't differentiate between actual adult diapers and adult pullups. I think for most people that are not involved in the "hobby" they are pretty much one in the same, they're simply adult diapers.

I usually just giggle and think to myself about how much that brand sucks. Then I giggle to myself that I'm actually able to base that thought out of experience. Then I end up laughing about how silly this whole thing might seem to an outsider. After that, I'm just laughing, not really about anything anymore. So, in the end, it doesn't bother me at all when I see that. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Doesn't bother me in the least. I'm guessing most people reporting on the actual factual stories wouldn't differentiate between actual adult diapers and adult pullups. I think for most people that are not involved in the "hobby" they are pretty much one in the same, they're simply adult diapers.
    This, I didn't know there was an actual difference til recently, it just didn't occur to me. And considering most people don't know/care about the difference between adult pull ups/diapers render it a moot point.
    Also I can't get hold of adult diapers, like quite a few members, anyway so it doesn't bother me, you have to make do with what you got.

Not much of a big deal realy. But they do like to conceal it for what it is.

Guys, he's objecting to people calling products other than 'real' diapers (pull-ups, I guess) diapers. Not the other way around (people refusing to call pull-ups and other products diapers).

Anyway...it doesn't really bother *me* at all...however I can see how it might bother the truly incontinent; it's embarassing to wear 'diapers' for most people. I assume they'd prefer them to be called 'absorbant underwear' but that doesn't really have the same instant recognizableness as diapers. If you say 'diapers' everyone knows that you mean a garment worn as underwear used to catch pee and poo.

I guess I might prefer the stories were more accurate but I can see why they'd use that wording. People who aren't using those products aren't very familiar with "disposable underwear" or a pull-up (outside of the name of the product for children) and so any story would have to get into the explanation of what the thing actually was. Saying they were wearing a "diaper" gets the message across quickly and easily even if it's not entirely accurate.

I don't worry about it too much since those stories are rarely favorable.

GoodJams1

Interesting Post, but it really doesn't bother me neither.