Thread: Pixel car art

Default Pixel car art

Anybody into this?

I've been doing it for a few weeks now.

Some examples I've done:

I do it in MS paint. XD

Looking really great. I used to do some pixel art myself... hence the username. Looks like you've gotten the AA down really nicely on most of them. I find a few don't look too metallic because of the gradients and slight pillowshading, though. Overall they look excellent, especially the lineart

that looks awesome, too bad it doesn't have a 'top view' tho, I could use those in my GPS device.

That looks really good. Myself, I don't do it, but have dome some small similair projects in paint.

Also, I would like to make a comment on your art: The cars look quite low on their wheels. Maybe you could give them som higher suspension, that whould look more realistic (this type of body couldn't go over a speedbumb, for instance)

Nice work there, Jon!!

Do you take requests, if someone wanted one of those done for their type of car?

Quote Originally Posted by pixel View Post
    Looking really great. I used to do some pixel art myself... hence the username. Looks like you've gotten the AA down really nicely on most of them. I find a few don't look too metallic because of the gradients and slight pillowshading, though. Overall they look excellent, especially the lineart
    To be honest, I don't make the bases. I just tune them. XD I'm still learning how to recolor, but thats a huge pain in the ass for a beginner like me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevintje View Post
    that looks awesome, too bad it doesn't have a 'top view' tho, I could use those in my GPS device.
    Actually some bases like this do:

Quote Originally Posted by diapersrulez View Post
    That looks really good. Myself, I don't do it, but have dome some small similair projects in paint.

Also, I would like to make a comment on your art: The cars look quite low on their wheels. Maybe you could give them som higher suspension, that whould look more realistic (this type of body couldn't go over a speedbumb, for instance)
    Heh, yeah. I like em low. I do have plans to do a 4x4 soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_Sin View Post
    wow cool!!!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Nice work there, Jon!!

Do you take requests, if someone wanted one of those done for their type of car?
    Depends on if I can find a base for the car they wanted. Why, you want one? Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do!

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-05-2010 at 12:25 AM ----------

Sorry for the double, but I did more. I wanna see if anybody else is doing these too. :P