Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wipes?

Default wipes?

should i be using wipes if im only going to wet and change pretty much as long as it stays warm once it gets cold im out of it (idont like cold)

I use 'Parents Choice' wipes with aloe and vitamin E and I have never had a rash. I highly reccomend the use of wipes for cleanliness and that 'fresh changed' feeling ! ! !

...My God, just because the OP threw his copy of Grammar For Dummies out the window, doesn't mean the rest of you do! The wipes I use are the cheap Walgreens generic brand. You really don't need anything more than a wet paper towel for wet diaper changes. Your skin doesn't need as much care as a baby's.

Hey But Some People Like It
    Leave It To Them To Choose

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    ...My God, just because the OP threw his copy of Grammar For Dummies out the window, doesn't mean the rest of you do! The wipes I use are the cheap Walgreens generic brand. You really don't need anything more than a wet paper towel for wet diaper changes. Your skin doesn't need as much care as a baby's.
    While I agree with Grizzy that spelling and grammar do count, I must disagree about skin care.

It is as important for diapered adults to carefully wipe even when they only wet. Our own sweat become irritating and even traces of stale urine will form ammonia. No responsible medical professional is going to recommend only using a wet paper towel for wet diaper changes.

There is no evidence that expensive baby wipes work better than generics. Walgreens is pragmatic to sell decent generics as do most other leading chains. What makes no sense is paying extra for special adult wipes. I use Pampers Unscented wipes which I purchase by the case when they are on sale. These cost me no more than buying single bags of generic wipes. I happen to prefer using a single brand of wipes. I have been incontinent over 30 years and with luck I have more than 30 years ahead of me. I know a case of wipes I buy today will be used up long before those wipes go stale.

Personal hygiene dictates you should clean yourself thoroughly one way or another after pissing yourself. If not only for yourself, for the benefit of those in your close vicinity; wee can get whiffy!
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 30-Apr-2010 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    I know a case of wipes I buy today will be used up long before those wipes go stale.
    Whole sale stores are great for that stuff too. Sam's Club or Costco for example.

I use Clean 'N Go wipes. Highly recommend them. Thick and wet, lightly scented.