View Poll Results: Are you thinking of joining the army after school has ended?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 21.05%
  • NO!

12 63.16%
  • possibly

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining the RAF/army/navy after school?

Question Joining the RAF/army/navy after school?

Recently Ive been thining of going into the RAF because it beats the crap out of some dead end IT job and I was wondering how many of you were contemplating it after school was done with.

(also sorry if this needs moving for any reason at all)

Finding a job after your done with school is hard to do. But ultimately you have to do something that you love doing and a job that will make you happy. I seem to have found my passion and that what im planning on doing after i leave.

While some jobs might be a "dead end", not all have to be, if you study enough and work hard then you can get places in the world... those places can get you better jobs

Snaps

Yep, Snaps is right here. Find what you love doing and just go with it!
    If you find that your passion is in the defence forces, then great, kudos to you! I work very closely with the Navy and think that it would be a great opportunity for all young people! Just don't believe everything you see on television about the Navy life ie sea patrol...

NO! Can't - blind in one eye. Not that I'd want to anyway; far too much exercise.d

Huge respect for anyone who does.

I'm planning on air force once i'm 18, just trying to find a job till then.

Hey, there are tons of jobs in IT that are NOT dead end!

But ya, joining the armed force is not a bad idea per see, it just happens to be a huge commitment. If its what you want to do then go for it, but I would not sign up if you're unsure. Its much easier to drop out from university that it is to get out of the armed forces.

I've considered it. I'd rather not, but if I have trouble affording college it's definitely an option. I can easily commit to something once I get into it, so I could probably do pretty well.

Ive actually spent a lot of the day thinking about what area would be right for me and I was so happy when I found out that the navy trained people to be chefs. (I love to cook) so Im gonna look into that and see if they need anyone.

win

/edit/ and if anyone links "in the navy" I will.... lol =p

Going into the USMF or Army sometime after high school. Going to do a 4year tour or a 2year.

If army I'm going for medic if Marines I'm going for something.

hmmm I wouldn't have considered post highschool job thoughts "off topic" but meh IDC so long as its in its proper place.

my GF wants to be a medic but she isn't keen on leaving the uk.... not sure how thats gonna work out
    Last edited by MrPurple; 29-Apr-2010 at 23:09. Reason: its off topic not oof topic -facepalms-