Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abri Forms & tearing

Default Abri Forms & tearing

Hoping you'd be able to help me with this one

It seems that for the past few weeks that some of my medium Abri Forms X-Plus have been tearing down the middle (at the back).

I'm not sure if it's a just a batch defect (because it's happened in various packs)

Could it be that perhaps I'm too big for them or that I'm putting them on too tight?

I've attached a photo of the tearing

Thanks in advance for your help

-Rhino
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0414.JPG 
Views:	1136 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	784  

I see nothing strange. think the picture is a bit too dark. Will all the diapers that you are having problems from the same package?

Hey - thanks for the reply :-) Sorry for the crappy photo - it's hard to take a good one when you're in the position that I'm in

To answer your question - the diapers are from several different packages

It was weird. Du you bay you diapers, or you get them for free?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Buy them from a supplier
    Do you have mailed and asked them? Perhaps you've got nappies where the plastic was bad. Is it always when you do a special thing that this happens?

Hey mate, I've had this happen before with molicares. I think it's because of a slightly thinner plastic backing. Maybe it's because of the new design of the abenas. I'm not 100% sure but I think the plastic backing is a little thinner and softer on the new ones. This will lead to stretching at the backside and ultimately splits. Especially if you are pushing the limits of the size range.

If you don't mind contacting the supplier (I'm guessing intouch, independence aust or brightsky) they will almost certainly offer a refund or replacement pack. If not, you should probably request a sample of a larger size and see if the fit fixes the problem. If all else fails, switch brands I suppose. Hope this helps !

Quote Originally Posted by nappies4fun View Post
    Hey mate, I've had this happen before with molicares. I think it's because of a slightly thinner plastic backing. Maybe it's because of the new design of the abenas. I'm not 100% sure but I think the plastic backing is a little thinner and softer on the new ones. This will lead to stretching at the backside and ultimately splits. Especially if you are pushing the limits of the size range.
    I have dont this problem whit the new design.

Quote Originally Posted by az86 View Post
    I have dont this problem whit the new design.
    Neither have I, though I've only worn a handful. If you are right in the middle of the size range, you probably wouldn't. If you are in between sizes, it can be a real pain in the ass (lol, no pun intended). Large Abena X plus are considerably bigger than the mediums. Tena Maxi Large are probably the smallest of the decent large sized nappies in Australia. Maybe worth giving those a go Rhino??

I haven't had the outer plastic to ever tear but there have been times they and Secure XPLus have come apart inside the diaper. Since you have bought them from a supplier, contact them and most good suppliers will check into the problem and or give you some replacements. If you still have the bag they came in, the lot numbers from there will help the vendor know if there were just a bad batch.