Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod help

Default ipod help

I have a ipod nano 5th gen that wont boot all the way. It will load to the Apple logo then shut back off. I have charged it over night, also trying to put it into disk mode doesnt work. I have tryed everything I have found on the net

Give Apple a call? I don't have any experience with talking to them, but most companies will be willing to help you out just so you don't use up anymore of their employees' valuable time. Their official support site says that the US number is 1-800-275-2273, and if you're in another country then there should be a number here.

by looking at there site I would have to pay for them to help me. True or not?

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    by looking at there site I would have to pay for them to help me. True or not?
    True, unfortunetely, but cheaper than buying a new iPod. Especially because it is 5th gen and can't be all that old, it may be under some sort of warranty still, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf3188 View Post
    True, unfortunetely, but cheaper than buying a new iPod. Especially because it is 5th gen and can't be all that old, it may be under some sort of warranty still, not sure though.
    I dont know if it is I bought it off ebay about 4 months ago

Ummm can u specify the problem
    i can probably help
    (i always fix my friends Ipod so Apple wont make money off their messed up warranties)

Can you give myself and others a bit more detail so we can focus on the error.

But try these tips:

> reset your ipod using the buttons on it?

> Connect it to your computer and go into iTunes and factory reset your ipod*

> Make sure your iTunes is the most up to date version and check if an update is needed for your iPod.

Try those 2 things up above first before ringing Apple and sending it off, you could fix it yourself without having to pay for it.

* By factory resetting your iPod means that all songs will be wipped from the iPod. However once the songs are wipped your iTunes libary will go back onto it after the software has reinstalled itself. I cannot be held liable for anything i have said here that goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGinger View Post
    Can you give myself and others a bit more detail so we can focus on the error.

But try these tips:

> reset your ipod using the buttons on it?

> Connect it to your computer and go into iTunes and factory reset your ipod*

> Make sure your iTunes is the most up to date version and check if an update is needed for your iPod.

Try those 2 things up above first before ringing Apple and sending it off, you could fix it yourself without having to pay for it.

* By factory resetting your iPod means that all songs will be wipped from the iPod. However once the songs are wipped your iTunes libary will go back onto it after the software has reinstalled itself. I cannot be held liable for anything i have said here that goes wrong.
    Thats the problem it doesnt turn on long enough for itunes to find it.

When I connect it to my mac it boots the the apple logo then shuts back off. Sometimes it will do it 3 or 4 times. This all started after i left it pluged into my mac to charge while i was at work. When i got home and unpluged it it started doing this

is there power going to the usb port that u have pluged it into? Sometimes on laptops whenever the battery is low they power stops going to the usb port (thus your ipod keeps switching on and off). Have u tried connecting it to a different usb port on ur computer?

Also, try plugging a wall charger into it and try turning it on... what happens then? does it come on and stay on or does it just keep going off and on again?

My laptop has a full charge even when i try it on my desktop it will keep turning on to the apple screen the back off over and over