Page 1 of 22 123451121 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 216

Thread: Arizona now hates my race now (New Immigration Bill)

  1. #1

    Default Arizona now hates my race now (New Immigration Bill)

    Arizona Governor signs Immigration Bill

    Before I even start, although I am 100% hispanic, I do hope that the title does not offend any current, past, or future Arizonians (mostly Point Blanch) but I wanted to appeal with pathos due to the hard fought emotion that I am facing.

    Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed new immigration reform in her state that requires police to be able to question people if they entered the United States illegally if they suspect that they are illegal immigrants. This law requires immigrant aliens to carry identification at all times and allow police to investigate places of suspicion such as day laborer sites and places of work in which illegal immigrants are working.

    Democrats, hispanics such as neighboring New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, and President Obama are describing the bill as unnecessary, but Obama states that "the bill is 'misguided' but said the federal government must act on the immigration issue".

    Republicans state that the bill is necessary to tackle an issue that needs to be addressed but haven't been implemented to a full scale yet. One of its leading sponsors, state Sen. Russell Pearce, said this week, "Illegal is not a race; it's a crime." He also said: "We're going to take the handcuffs off of law enforcement. We're going to put them on the bad guy,". In addition, fellow Republican state Sen. Frank Antenori said the biggest reason he supported the bill was because a rancher in one of the counties he represents was murdered by someone who crossed the U.S. border with Mexico illegally. He said the person of interest in the killing had crossed the border numerous times and cited other similar violent crimes.

    Personally as a Democrat, and a hispanic, I completely disagree with this bill both with the low effect that this will cause to resolve the immigration issue in America as well as cause racial profiling for all American Hispanics and Hispanic Immigrants who are completely legal. This bill to me has just caused an ever deepening concern that illegal immigration is now just a stereotype for hispanics in America and that now this will just cause assumptions that all Hispanics in Arizona are illegals. Illegal immigration is an issue that eventually needs to be resolved due to the high numbers and my personal arrogance as a Puerto Rican hispanic (all my family are de facto US Citizens) but by knowing a lot of illegal immigrant hispanics and seeing these stories about reform and discrimination there is just no contest to this that this bill just has to go.

    So, any remarks, thoughts, anger?

    To include in this article is another supplemental thread about immigration reform from our fellow member racer

    Immigration Reform Next!

    All quotes and information provided by CNN

  2. #2

    Default

    Read a rather fascinating discussion on the constitutionality of this bill. First off, there's a rather serious problem with the bill on its face - what happens when a cop demands to see proof of citizenship/resident alien status from a citizen who isn't carrying their birth certificate or passport? It's pretty stupid to keep those on you unless you're using them for something specific, and it's the only proof of citizenship most people have. Driver's license isn't proof of citizenship, so don't think that will get you out of trouble.

    Then there's the rather creepy aspect of giving the police the legal power to make you identify yourself. That's the part that will likely make this completely fall apart when it hits the courts, not to mention the very Nazi-esque "Show me your papers, citizen" aspect of the whole thing. The only way this might possibly not completely fall apart upon constitutional challenge is if the court buys the "we suspected him of being an illegal immigrant!" argument.

  3. #3

    Default

    Well the bill was written by a racist. It won't go anywhere. The guy has been photographed with his arm around a white supremacist. He even sent out an email citing a white supremacist group that described the holocaust as the "Jewish Holocaust Tale." He's a phony and the bill won't get anywhere.

  4. #4

    Default

    So this bill essentially forces all Hispanics to carry identification papers or risk being arrested? Isn't this essentially what the Nazis did in Germany back in the 1930s? I really feel like this bill won't survive a constitutional challenge since it pretty much legalizes racial profiling.

  5. #5
    June

    Default

    I'm really sorry, man. You have my 100% sympathy. I am completely anti-racist, an I believe someone should take action to this. Maybe file a complaint somewhere? I don't know, I'm only 15. I really hope this doesn't pass.

    But I really feel bad for you. I hope things get better.

  6. #6

    Default

    Indeed this, although an attempt, is failed at best. I would really like to sit down and read it (yes, no life i know) but off the bat the whole idea of "show me your papers" bugs me really badly. Also this might get tossed out just because it (again off the bat guess) requires law enforcement to profile which we all know is just wonderfull *rolls eyes*. Sure i would like to see something done with the "illegals" situation... perhaps making it a little easier for them to become citizens might be a good start. This however looks to be a gigantic gaggle f--- if i have ever seen one.

    ---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

    I think the ACLU might step in on this one (for once, i might agree with them too..)

  7. #7

    Default

    I wonder if Arizona will eventually make Jews wear the star of David. Perhaps all Hispanics could have a number tatood on them for easier identification. And if they do catch an illegal, why bother sending them back across the border when death camps are more effective. After all, if one Hispanic comes across the border and kills someone, then everyone who comes across the border must logically kill someone. I think the one thing that is being murdered here is the U. S. Constitution. It will be interesting to see what happens when this law goes to The Supreme Court.

  8. #8

    Default

    Finally! For christ's sake some action being taken to prevent the horrible violation of the rights of the good US citizens. Not illegal you got nothing to fear and should have no beef with this bill, and personally think everywhere should enact this, but probably even stricter.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Nihlus View Post
    So this bill essentially forces all Hispanics to carry identification papers or risk being arrested? Isn't this essentially what the Nazis did in Germany back in the 1930s? I really feel like this bill won't survive a constitutional challenge since it pretty much legalizes racial profiling.
    Worse than that. It forces EVERYONE to carry proof of citizenship at all times (no, a driver's license is not proof of citizenship), and gives the cops the power to arrest and detain anyone who they "suspect" of being an illegal immigrant, including citizens, if they aren't able to present proof on the spot. This means that, should a cop decide you're simply annoying, he can lock you up if you don't have your birth certificate or passport on you (which you should never carry with you anyway).



    Quote Originally Posted by maccracker18 View Post
    Indeed this, although an attempt, is failed at best. I would really like to sit down and read it (yes, no life i know) but off the bat the whole idea of "show me your papers" bugs me really badly. Also this might get tossed out just because it (again off the bat guess) requires law enforcement to profile which we all know is just wonderfull *rolls eyes*. Sure i would like to see something done with the "illegals" situation... perhaps making it a little easier for them to become citizens might be a good start. This however looks to be a gigantic gaggle f--- if i have ever seen one.]I think the ACLU might step in on this one (for once, i might agree with them too..)
    Well, it's already been signed in to law, but it can't face constitutional challenge in court until the police actually take it that far. I can guarantee you that the ACLU is watching this one closely.



    Quote Originally Posted by TsuKiyoMe View Post
    Finally! For christ's sake some action being taken to prevent the horrible violation of the rights of the good US citizens. Not illegal you got nothing to fear and should have no beef with this bill, and personally think everywhere should enact this, but probably even stricter.
    Ihre papiere, bitte.

    This law was signed in by people just like you - people who don't think through the consequences of things. What happens when a cop thinks you look at him wrong, and he demands to see YOUR resident alien certification? What's that? You don't have it? Oh sure, you SAY you're a citizen, but you don't have your papers to prove it. To jail with you. Sorry bud, driver's license isn't proof of citizenship. You're FAR too willing to give up your liberties for security theater.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bgi39jsjw0ggg View Post
    This law was signed in by people just like you - people who don't think through the consequences of things. What happens when a cop thinks you look at him wrong, and he demands to see YOUR resident alien certification? What's that? You don't have it? Oh sure, you SAY you're a citizen, but you don't have your papers to prove it. To jail with you. Sorry bud, driver's license isn't proof of citizenship. You're FAR too willing to give up your liberties for security theater.
    My thoughts exactly. People who support such legislation do so with the misguided idea that introducing Nazi-like laws can't possibly negatively affect society.

Similar Threads

  1. Immigration reform next!
    By racer in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2010, 23:18
  2. God Hates Canada
    By Chillhouse in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2009, 00:31
  3. Immigration laws within the Eurpean Union.
    By Roland in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2008, 15:44
  4. My Car Hates Me
    By Chaz in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-May-2008, 13:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.