Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Earth Day 2010!

Default Happy Earth Day 2010!

How many recreational diaper enthusiasts are wearing cloth tonight?

Or do you believe disposables are better for the environment?

Maybe you think pollution is just a Republican myth to get you to spend more on pricey "eco-friendly" products to pad their wallets?

It's been a year since this has last been debated, Your thoughts now?

People care about the environment? Sure doesn't seem like it when everybody has a gas guzzling SUV.

I don't do cloth, not my thing.

But I did do my part for the Earth today, and have a WICKED bad sunburn to prove it. FML....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93 View Post
    People care about the environment? Sure doesn't seem like it when everybody has a gas guzzling SUV.
    Says the guy posting on a computer shipped from the Far East on a boat belching unregulated crude oil fumes that put the emissions of all internal combustion engines ever made to shame, in one trip across the Pacific. We're all guilty... Stop being so self-righteous.

We're not necessarily all "guilty", though you do have a very good point. Unfortunately, the only way to avoid it is to live an Amish lifestyle or something. =\

Well as a aging hippie from the start of the "save the earth!" movement I did make a point to wear a cloth diaper last night. I believe cloth to be better, at least were I live, as there is no water shortage but rather a landfill space issue. Also the new trash to energy plants while making tons of money for their investors are charging the towns excessive tipping fees and spewing all sorts of strange stuff into the air. I do feel we need to be more careful with the environment but the "green" and "Eco-friendly" labels have become nothing but cash cows for those that care for naught but money. And what ever happened to population control? It quietly faded away when it was realized that the intelligent, responsible folks had fewer kids and the leaches on society kept breeding like rabbits. Soon there'd be no one to keep the machines running. There are too many of us so we have to be at least a little bit careful and responsible. No we don't have to be Amish or Dugout Dick but we don't have to dump our waste oil in the back yard and toss our trash on the highway.
    I could go on…. And on….

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Says the guy posting on a computer shipped from the Far East on a boat belching unregulated crude oil fumes that put the emissions of all internal combustion engines ever made to shame, in one trip across the Pacific. We're all guilty... Stop being so self-righteous.
    It was meant to be a joke... chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93 View Post
    It was meant to be a joke...
    I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I got it.
    Atleast somebody knows when I'm not being serious!