Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concern for the future

Default Concern for the future

I know it's a long way off, but in the fall I'm moving far away to college. Obviously I have no intention of bringing any aspect of my fetish with me for a plethora of reasons. The thing is I have always been able to revert to diapers nearly at will, and when school comes I feel I might be overwhelmed with "urges" but I'm hoping I'll be too distracted with academics and social life to have any time to think about diapers. But besides summers, I have a very long haul of about 10 years of education. I'm thinking of abandoning this aspect of myself, but as we are all aware that is neither feesible or a good idea. I'm sure some of you have been through similar trials and I would really appreciate your insight.

Also sorry for any typos, I'm too lazy to do this on my computer!

Hey, take it easy, friend. ^^

Having this fetish isn't simply an "all the time" or "none of the time" thing, so please don't worry so much about when and how you'll need to sate your urges. There's a lot of in-between area! When the time comes, you know. And it's perfectly fine to only indulge a little bit, or once a month, or whatever! The important part is that you're living your life, going the direction that you've chosen, and you're happy enough to be satisfied. Outside of that, what really matters?

You certainly don't have to abandon the fetish to go to school (or, specifically, to do well in school); you can simply be more discreet about it, or only wear on school breaks, or what have you. Only wearing when you have the time and energy to safely and enjoyably do so, you know what I mean? And doing it that way, you wouldn't need such a big stash of diapers to take along. I'm very much in the same boat, or at least, I have been. Best of luck with achieving the dreams you've set out for yourself, and with whatever you decide to do!! As a support community, we're all very much here for you during your troubling times along with your best times.

I see your studying medicine as well, how very coincidental. First off thanks very much for your support. I am a little weary of bringing parafanalia along just because I don't want to expose that to an overly curious roommate or whomever, but I'm curious how you do it. As for breaks I might not becoming home much just because it's such a journey to and from. I was actually considering doing summer undergrad research and getting paid for it and just living out of my dorm. Anyways it's not so much that I'm concerned but more that I've just been putting it out of mind. I am curious how you get any privacy unless you room alone.

Don't be so worried about bringing your fetish to school. It's actually good to have something you can enjoy to relax from the serious stresses you'll encounter in college. About the roommate situation, you'll find your dorm has more hidey-holes than you think. Unless you think they'll look through the bottom of a bag in your closet, you're pretty much good.
    College is about finding the balance between work, pleasure, social calendars, and school calendars.
    Trust me, privacy comes depending on who you room with. I room in a VERY small room with two girls. One of my friend lives in a marginally bigger room with FIVE. There are ways to find your privacy. You'll have class when your roommate doesn't, they'll have a different sleep schedule, you'll find you have a room emptying more often than you think. Especially if you get a Greek for a roommate (one is and she's almost living at the sorority house).

Hey,
    As a long term student myself (just finished my 9th year of university and going on to my 10th) I'd really encourage you to take this time to learn about yourself and explore all parts of what makes you you. Travel lots if you can, meet interesting people, and just have a grand time at school. This is going to be the most freedom you'll ever have; it's a great time where you're an adult but without all the adult responsibilities of family, a job, and all that sort of thing.

I'm also including the AB/DL aspects of your personality in the things you should explore. Even if you have roommates in your dorm or whatever, you can find ways around it; I lived in a house with two roommates and managed to have a good amount of time with it. The trick is to find a good balance between your AB/DL interests, your social life, and your school obligations. As sweetkiss pointed out, plenty of people manage to make it through college without giving up diapers completely.

You're going to have a great time, enjoy it!

Honestly, college is a much easier place to sate your AB/DL appetite than the parents' house. Keep you stuff hidden in a box in the back of your closet or under your bed, and just enjoy it when you have the necessary privacy.

As always, AB/DL is a perfectly healthy part of what happens to make you you, so long as you don't let it distort your priorities. Study hard and treat AB/DL like any another leisure activity. Being pre-med has an associated workload, but that doesn't mean you won't have plenty of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by z0m813 View Post
    I see your studying medicine as well, how very coincidental. First off thanks very much for your support. I am a little weary of bringing parafanalia along just because I don't want to expose that to an overly curious roommate or whomever, but I'm curious how you do it. As for breaks I might not becoming home much just because it's such a journey to and from. I was actually considering doing summer undergrad research and getting paid for it and just living out of my dorm. Anyways it's not so much that I'm concerned but more that I've just been putting it out of mind. I am curious how you get any privacy unless you room alone.
    Yeah! I love medicine-- great to meet another student. ^_^
    Mm, yes, I do understand your fears, but you've gotta understand that if you're splitting a room, that's mostly all it is. You really don't even have to talk to the roommate if you really don't want to, and they'll generally be doing their own thing, paying little attention to you. Any decent roommate would not go through your personal stuff, and if they did, you would have a reasonable excuse to request a new roommate. I'd just take a bag of diapers along, keep them in an inconspicuous box under your bed or something, and just wearing under clothes. Use the bathroom to change into them and wear something on top when the urge strikes; no one will ever know. Just as easy as wearing at home!

(Ahhh, you're interested in undergrad research too? I'm looking into it as well! ^^ Best of luck to you!)
    Last edited by sweetkiss; 20-Apr-2010 at 03:17. Reason: Fixed punctuation-- I was too excited while writing, lol!

You probably don't need to worry about suppressing your urges during college. I wore diapers while I was at college; but, not very often. I spent a lot of time worrying over whether I'd get caught, so I tried like hell to suppress the urges. Looking back I wish I didn't worry so much. I should have just went with what made me happy.

Later on I joined the Navy. I wore them in the dorms there as well. I wore diapers more often in the Navy than in college, but due to worries about uniform inspections and such, I didn't wear them as much as I wanted to.

I'm married now, and my wife knows that I wear diapers, and she doesn't even realize when I'm wearing them, most of the time. I don't even really make a point of hiding it either. So IMO, if you actually make some kind of effort to conceal the diapers, you most likely won't get caught.

I don't know about the college you're going to but, in the dorms in my college and on the Navy bases, we could lock our closet doors. Even so, I didn't really ever lock the door because I trusted my roommate enough to leave my stuff alone. I kept my diapers in a duffel bag in the closet.

I've found that the biggest keys to wearing discreetly are:

1. Don't mess them. This creates all kinds of problems that complicate being discreet. If you like to mess, you'll have to suppress this aspect.

2. Where, and when, you put them on and take them off.
    For putting one on, there was always a time that I had by myself, whether it was in the bathroom (in the Navy dorm, it had a private bathroom), or in the room itself (in college, my roommate had a class that started earlier in the day than mine). You may even know of a private bathroom you can use somewhere on campus. Just pack a diaper in your bag and put it on there.

For taking them off I mostly did this in the shower with the water on to hide the sound. I always brought some kind of opaque/translucent shopping bag to throw it in. Then I wrapped my towel around the bag when I left the bathroom.

3. Where you dispose of the used diapers.

Don't throw them in the garbage can in your room, for any amount of time (from experience, this is how my wife finds out when I'm wearing the most). Find a nearby dumpster or communal garbage can to toss the already bagged diaper into. If you can't do it immediately, transfer the bagged diaper into a bookbag/duffel and thow it out as soon as you can.

And finally, regarding not going home for breaks, you're golden if you have a roommate that does go home. Otherwise it's just business as usual.

Good luck in your adventures at college.

I actually came back to all the ABDL during my time away at school after a pretty long period man. Like others have said, it's not really something you can totally abandon, but that doesn't mean it has to play a huge role in your life either. You don't have to pick between a life without diapers and a life where they're the center of your world, ya know? It can be something you do occasionally, and just to have some fun or relax or whatever else. Probably the healthiest way to go about it, cause then the stresss of suppressing isn't going to chew up your stomach with ulcers, and you're not going to be obsessive with it.

Wow I really appreciate all of your insight! I might take a bag of biancos and plastic pants. As far as using them goes I wouldn't even consider it until i knew a good spot and method to deposit them (#2 just isn't my thing). Above all else I just care about the academics so as far as being a distraction I don't even think it's possible.

So thanks for putting my concerns to rest, consider it solved :]

Also to sweetkiss (love the name btw) research is a big reason I'm going where I am, I've observed that most places like to reserve the privilege to grad students. They also will help you get govt funding for your projects which I think is pretty BA.