Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can wearing diapers actually make you incontent?

Default Can wearing diapers actually make you incontent?

Well, I've heard a lot about it, but I haven't got a straight answer... so can wearing diapers make you incontent? and if so how long does it take?

It depends. If you just wear and don't use: no. If you wear 24/7 and use the diapers for their intended purpose: yes, you will eventually become incontinent (after quite some time).

It is possible that after time of just letting go, things will just let go without you even thinking about it. Does it happen to everyone, I don't think so. Think of it this way, if you don't use it you lose it.

Professional medical opinion differs on the questions: Does continuing to wear diapers postpone toilet learning?; Does wearing on diapers instead of using catheters prevent restoration of bladder control for incontinent patients?

As far as can be found researching medical literature, no study has addressed the question: Will wearing diapers 24/7 make you incontinent?

Since I became profoundly urinary incontinent before I started wearing diapers 24/7, my experiences hardly count.

What might well count, is that growing up with a tiny over-active bladder, the same as my sisters and mother, on vacation trips we all wore what we called "just-in-case diapers" The only times I ever wet on a trip would be if I really needed to go long before the next scheduled rest stop. Of course that was the whole point of the diapers. Later the same day my bladder capacity was no worse than before I wet. Wetting during the day did not make me wet during the night, despite being diapers in the motel. The first night after we got home, when I was sleeping without a diaper, I never wet the bed. During the day after a trip, when I was not diapered, I did not wet.

Friends I know in person from the AB/DL world say that once they started wearing diapers 24/7 and relaxed about that, wetting without effort became more natural. All of those same pals go on to say that if for some reason they cannot wear a diaper for a few hours or a day, they have no big problem controlling their bladder. Maybe they are the exception.

Parents I know well in person and who I trust say they believe kids will gain bladder control only when ready. In their collective experience it makes on difference if the kid is in a tape-on diaper or pull-ups. With modern cloth-like disposables, especially the brand-new Pampers Cruisers, maturing toddlers are having no more trouble releasing a tab to use a toilet than pulling down trainers. That was the hope of the baby disposable industry 4 years ago.

Butterfly Mage

i doubt that wearing diapers will make you incontinent. After all, you're still the one deciding be conscious choice when you will pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    i doubt that wearing diapers will make you incontinent. After all, you're still the one deciding be conscious choice when you will pee.
    Depends (hehehe). If you consciously control it then you shouldn't become incontinent, however if you get used to just releasing the second you feel anything your mind will start to just release without thinking about it. You sometimes see people posting about how that happened because they forgot they weren't padded.

EDIT: If diapers are making you "incontent" you are probably neither *B nor DL...
    Last edited by Zephy; 18-Apr-2010 at 00:36.

I'm fairly certain that the only way that you could become incontinent by wearing diapers is if you were making a conscious effort to do so. If you're just wearing them and not making any effort to become incontinent, you can still decide when you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Depends (hehehe).
    Really Zeph? Using the most overused diaper joke ever? *shakes head*

Lol...I like to let it flow out little by little...The diaper is less likely to leak. So that means a longer lasting diaper. I let it flood once in a while too.

You control every aspect of when you want to go thanks to potty training. It's almost nature to hold it in. The more you control it coming out. The more likely you won't lose control...

However I say this...I've worn diapers for years with the intent to pee in them all the time. Over time it involved in me that I have less control when I am diapered. Its a mental thing I think. Being able to know when you wear a diaper its safe to go. I did that a lot and thats when I let it flow in the diaper. Its like something is saying its ok to pee now.

When I'm not wearing a's like I have strong bladder control.

If and loss at all its a mental thing. When you stay in diapers 24/7 and let your pee flow freely you will be incontinent in some kind a way. But it will probably take awhile. Not sure how long because I have never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    If you wears for like 5 years 24/7 and use them//
    also use it as soon as you feel the slightest pee. Eventually, your bladder will shrink and it manages to hold less and less urine.

If you hold up as usual and let it get a lot in the diaper. So chances are very small that you can become incontinent. Even if you have diaper very long.

That is what I have heard.