• Manchester United

2 66.67%
  • Chelsea

1 33.33%
  • Arsenal

0 0%

Thread: 2009-10 Premier League

Default 2009-10 Premier League

So with 3 weeks left the 2009-10 Premier league is almost over but there are 3 teams that still have a chance of winning. Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Chelsea are top of the table on 77 pts, Man Utd are second with 76 pts and Arsenal are third with 71 pts but have played one fewer game. So who do you think will win it this year?

To help your decision here are each teams remaining fixtures.

Arsenal
    Wigan (Away)
    Manchester City (Home)
    Blackburn (Away)
    Fulham (Home)

Chelsea
    Stoke (Home)
    Liverpool (Away)
    Wigan (Home)

Manchester United
    Tottenham (Home)
    Sunderland (Away)
    Stoke (Home)

Also lets try and keep this civil, don't let football rivalries get the better of you.

I'm thinking it will be United, I can see Chelsea slipping up against Liverpool despite their good form recently. Aresnal can only win if they get all 12 points and Man utd and Chelsea drop a point and so they have an outside chance but I'm still not writing them out yet. Whereas United have been in this position so many times they'll have the confidence to do this particularly thanks to their early exit from Europe, that will focus their minds on the target (injuries to Rooney and Van Der Sar permitting).
    Last edited by pajamakitten; 17-Apr-2010 at 19:45. Reason: Added own opinion

:O a football (soccer) thread? rare to see those on forums (at least for me). Granted its changed now with Arsenal basically giving up. Pretty much looks like Chelsea is going to take it unless something go terribly wrong against Wigan this weekend.

As an Arsenal fan, wish it wasn't between Chelsea and Man Utd. though

I still say that I was the one who started this trend of sports threads like the one on both the NBA and NHL playoffs.

Yes well when I originally posted this Arsenal were still able to win it. Now afterlosing to Blackburn and Wigan they can't, they may not even get third place if Spurs win both of their games.

Man Utd would definitely have won it had the officials at both Man Utd vs Chelsea games actually been decent, they made some horrible decisions and as a result Chelsea will probably win. IMO those officials should be sacked for that. But never say die.

actually if the calls had been right for the 2nd game would have been 2-1 (if i recall correctly, know either way chelsea would of still won)

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    actually if the calls had been right for the 2nd game would have been 2-1 (if i recall correctly, know either way chelsea would of still won)
    No it would have been 1-1, Drogba's goal was offside by miles. The ref was punished for that though by being made to referee a league one match instead of a premier league match.

there was a foul that should of been a penalty for Chelsea (one or 2, again memory is foggy)

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    there was a foul that should of been a penalty for Chelsea (one or 2, again memory is foggy)
    Yeah my memory is too, I think both teams had penalties denied in the end.

have to either get up at 4am to start watching the games or stay up past 4am so don't remember to much about a lot of them usually xD