Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get a fursuit made?

Default Where to get a fursuit made?

This thread may have been done before, but honestly, I have been devoloping my furry side and it has been getting to a point where I would very much like a suit.

Trouble is is that while I am good at designing things, I am rubbish at anything to do with crafty skills. Unfortunate. So do you guys think there would be anywhere I could get one made without making myself look too ridicoulous to whoever makes it? Price is no real object in a matter like this.

Fursuits by Lacy
    Fursuiters UK - Where To Buy Fursuits

2 links I found there expensive though for full suits can go into the thousands.

Yeah, fursuits, depending on the quality, can go anywhere from $600 to $2000 dollars. I don't know the exchange rate for where you live, but that's damn expensive over here.

If you're looking for premade suits, there's always the general furry auction sites -

Furbid Auctions
    FurBuy - Furry Electronic Auctions
    Dealers Den

If you're looking to get a custom-made suit, there are several artists available. Average cost is between $600-1000 for a partial, and $1200-2500+ (USD) for a full suit, depending on the artist. They're generally not exactly cheap.

My advice is to do a bit of research on the artist before you commission a new suit. Check the LJ community of "Artists_Beware" and see if people have complained about the suit creator taking forever on commissions, giving people the runaround, etc. That tends to happen quite a bit with a lot of artists, for some reason. <.< >.>

Since you're in Australia, there is one local suit builder in the Brisbane area, I beleive. Oz Kangaroo. His site info is below:

Critter Country

He's also "ozkangaroo" on FA...although I don't think its ok to link that here.

Hope that helps...good luck!
    Last edited by shrike; 17-Apr-2010 at 17:02. Reason: Fixed furbid link.

Thanks for the replies guys, seems reasonable enough. Prices are kinda high although that was to be expected really.....

I will definetely check out the local one in Brisbane, too. I would prefer an Australian made one as I have never had good experience with overseas buying.

Komickrazi Studios - Art and Costumes
    she does good fur suit for a decent price, she is the one that did sulli for me and wally for my mate.

If you really want an awesome fursuit, you should visit Lion of the Sun. He can include motorized body parts such as tails and wings, as well as a variety of sensors, like night vision cams.