Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Australia

Default Hello from Australia

Hello everyone. Just a note to say hi. I cannot think of much to say at the moment. Except that I am very withdrawn and quiet and sometimes when I try to communicate I can make mistakes.

Also, I have problems understanding some forms of humour, especially sarcasm.

My interests are varied and wide, though I hate Michael Jackson, Rap, Opera, and Country and Weston Music. I listen to most other genres, though not too keen on death metal.

My favourite bands at the moment are HammerFall, Nightwish, Marylin Manson. I love hearing bagpipes played well and Saor Patrol is a favourite band.

Marilyn Manson fan!!!!!! And a Perth guy same as me :P
    Did you go to mansons concert last October?

Hi I'm snaps welcome to adisc.

H Snaps. thanks for the welcome. No, I missed him this time but my neice and her BF went.

I am a bit south of Perth, down past Bunbury. I used to live in Koondoola and hang around Balga, Mirrabooka and Girrawheen. strange places those and seen a lot of strange things go down.

Im surprised that you like so much music not alot of people are like that. Hopefully you have a great time here.

Mirrabooka is a bad place. Shouldn't be going there.... Ever!
    Last edited by Snaps; 16-Apr-2010 at 02:26. Reason: spelling error

Smile Welcome

Hi and welcome to ADISC. Hope you find the contacts and information you are looking for. I know I have.

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy it here. I myself am the percent of the world who has bias on their music. I listen to mostly Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B but I am a person who tries to find the best of the best and not spend all the time with the addictive new hits. I personally respect Michael Jackson as an artist, but I love Prince more than him. There are just the artists that you just have to respect their work good or bad. Just like 2Pac, Biggie, and a bunch of other dead artists. That is my take on it. But seriously enjoy your time here!

Hi everyone thanks for the welcomes. I forgot to say I am 49, M.

On the music side of things, the reason I dislike Michael jackson is I beleive he ripped off stuff from Prince. The other reason I believe he got a free ride from MTV. Sure he had talent, but I feel others had more.

One rap type of song I liked was from Beck, Loser. I used to like the Bloodhound Gang too. Harvey Danger were cool. And I must admit to liking the Blackeyed Peas.

A genre I like to is medieval metal which includes medieval instruments. Subway To Sally.

Anyways, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImWeasel View Post
    My interests are varied and wide, though I hate [...] Opera

Quote Originally Posted by ImWeasel View Post
    My favourite bands at the moment [...] Nightwish
    Hey, you contradicted yourself there.

Welcome to ADISC. Get some Epica.

I am a walking contradiction though I really really do hate Opera it makes me think of turkeys being strangled. Country & Western I call Mogadon Music or Serepax Songs.

People caught listening to either of those genres should be forced to memorise Hamlet and resite it word perfect on street corners on weekends as a form of punishment.