Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows Growing Up

Default Favorite TV Shows Growing Up

Based on a similar thread in TB, I was wondering what other shows members here have enjoyed when growing up. Live Action, animated, whatever.

As for me, I remember, most fondly

Bill Nye: Seriously, this show was awesome. We even had a few clips from it shown to us in High School biology, and it still was awesome. Plus, an incredibly catchy opening theme.

Adam-12: I doubt many others have even heard of this show, but I remember watching reruns of it during summer breaks.

Star Trek: I guess this also counts (although as the thread starter, I can say that it counts, cant I ) I liked pretty much all of the series, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Well one of my favorite shows was You Cant Do That On Television I also liked Diff'rent Strokes and Webster. I still like watching Looney Toons, specially Foghorn Leghorn

Quote Originally Posted by hinkie View Post
    Star Trek: I guess this also counts (although as the thread starter, I can say that it counts, cant I ) I liked pretty much all of the series, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree. I grew up on all forms of Star Trek. I even enjoy the original series. At first I didn't think I liked Enterprise (the series), but it grew on me and became one of the favs. I should see what the DVDs cost... Probably more than I can afford.

I had done a great deal of my 'growing up' by the time that the Mythbusters got started, but I can't list favorite shows without giving those guys a mention.

Then there's damn near anything on public television: old cooking shows, Reading Rainbow, pledge drives (yes, I watched those--at first in a bewildered awe, then in boredom), Nature, Nova, Masterpiece Theater, and British comedies such as "Are you being served?", Monty Python, and Red Dwarf.

Damn...too early in the evening to be getting this nostalgic. I've got work to do yet.

My favorite was Soupy Sales, if you ever get a chance to see those shows by all means do it.

When I was little I loved the Flintstones. Back then they were on during prime time like the Simpson's are today. I also like Adam-12 and Emergency too. I also loved to come home from school and watch the Gilligan's Island repeats too.

Just a list of my favorite shows from pre school to about 2006.

-The Adventures of Dudley the Dragon
    -The Adventures of Spot
    -Allegra's Window
    -Are You Afraid of the Dark?

-The Berenstain Bears
    -The Big Comfy Couch
    -Bill Nye: The Science Guy
    -Blue's Clues
    -Bobby's World

-Captain Planet and the Planeteers
    -Clarissa Explains It All

-Dexter's Laboratory
    -Dragon Tales

-Ed, Edd n' Eddy

-Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

-Goof Troop
    -Gullah, Gullah Island

-Hey Arnold!

-Inspector Gadget

-Johnny Bravo
    -The Journey of Allen Strange

-Kenan & Kel

-Legends Of The Hidden Temple
    -Lilo & Stitch: The Series
    -Little Bear
    -Lloyd in Space

-The Magic School Bus
    -Mike, Lu & Og
    -My Brother and Me
    -My Dad the Rock Star
    -My Gym Partner's a Monkey
    -My Life as a Teenage Robot
    -The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo

-The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    -Nick Arcade
    -Nickelodeon GUTS

-PB&J Otter
    -Pee-Wee's Playhouse
    -The Powerpuff Girls
    -A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

-The Ren and Stimpy Show
    -Rocko's Modern Life

-Salute Your Shorts
    -The Scooby Doo Show
    -Sonic X
    -Space Cases

-Time Squad
    -Timon & Pumbaa

-The Weekenders
    -The Wild Thornberrys

Wow Takashi, you've watched way too much television. I was a TV junkie as a kid too. I loved Soupy Sales like Ballucanb. I also like Our Gang Comedy and The Three Stooges. I loved the Warner Brothers cartoons, but also Woody the Woodpecker, Popeye and Casper the Friendly Ghost. Then there was Tom and Jerry and the famous, Baby Puss.

I am a big Three Stooges fan and was not allowed to watch them as a young boy (even though I did once and a while and fell in love with them). I more than make up for it now and watch them when ever I can. Another show I loved as a kid was The Banana Splits show it was very fun to watch on Saturday mornings.

As any ADISC fan by now knows I am currently a big fan of Chowder. But as I grew up some of the shows that I would watch are as follows:

• Rugrats
    • Rocko's Modern Life
    • Hey Arnold
    • Doug
    • Arthur
    • Dragon Tales
    • Reading Rainbow
    • Dexter's Laboratory
    • The Powerpuff Girls
    • Grim & Evil/The Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    • Johnny Bravo
    • Blue's Clues
    • Gullah Gullah Island
    • The Fairly Oddparents
    • Chalk Zone
    • Spongebob
    • Samurai Jack

Can't think of any more shows at this time, but there's a list! Go watch Chowder!