Thread: My new business website

Default My new business website

Just wanted to know what the you guys think about my business site.

mrc-tech.net

new2inc

Too much bling, not enough substance. If you are trying to appeal to the business or casual home user, make it look that way. Right now, the adverts are bigger than the substance- by a substantial margin. Do not be afraid of white space. Know your customer first, THEN make the web site, Mike.

Agreed on the "Bling" angle. It looks pretty standard for a tech website.

Can you tweak the html at all or is this a template website? Because if you can, I would suggest doing something with videos.

Maybe a "commercial" of the kinds of services you provide that would make your site fun and interactive. Just a suggestion.

Yes i Can tweak the html. I never thought of that making a video but it sounds like a good idea. And the ads or for my nextdaypc store front. Do you think I should just move one to the bottom of the site

I think the site looks better then your old ones, but you got ad's on their that aren't yours. The major thing is you charge just as much as GeekSquad does, yet would offer far less support (due to staffing issues) if something goes wrong, even if that something isn't your fault.

then again, I been somewhat against PC Repair services mainly for overcharging clients and they could always do a poor job and still get away with loads of money..

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I think the site looks better then your old ones, but you got ad's on their that aren't yours. The major thing is you charge just as much as GeekSquad does, yet would offer far less support (due to staffing issues) if something goes wrong, even if that something isn't your fault.

then again, I been somewhat against PC Repair services mainly for overcharging clients and they could always do a poor job and still get away with loads of money..

The ADS on the site are MINE

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    Just wanted to know what the you guys think about my business site.

mrc-tech.net
    There is way too much going on there. It makes my eyes sad.

Purely on the HTML/CSS stuff:

I'd add some padding to your <p> tags, looks far too cramped.

I agree with new2inc, too much bling! Maybe a simpler navigation bar?

I think the store should use the same style as the rest of the site.

You have to remember that as a tech site, you need to look 'techy', and for that reason an investment in a custom made site (whether by yourself or a professional designer) would be worth it - you need to create the impression that you know computers, which includes knowing the internet, and how to make easy to use websites.

Oh, and please NEVER USE ANIMATED GIFS FOR LOGOS!!!