Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game bugs

Default Game bugs

I got this idea from the thread about power outages and gaming.

I've heard of alot of game bugs over the years but by the time would get a game that people said had a bug it would be fixed. However that all changed when I got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08. I was playing Tiger Challage to build up my golfer and I got to a part were you have to face Henrieta Brockway in a 4 hole shoot out.

I was ahead by winning two holes and as it was loading the 3rd it crashed and it only crashes when your beating her; that's total BS.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Have you ever played any game made my bethesda? *coughs* oblivion *coughs* It looks like the game went straight from alpha to the release, every quest has at least 10 little things that can go wrong with it, you have to actively be thinking about bugs as a part of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrami View Post
    Have you ever played any game made my bethesda?
    I've been playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" (which is published by Bethesda).

It has an awesome bug: the game won't allow you to save unless you have your Windows clock set to 24 hour mode :P

Have you ever played any game made my bethesda? *coughs* oblivion *coughs* It looks like the game went straight from alpha to the release, every quest has at least 10 little things that can go wrong with it, you have to actively be thinking about bugs as a part of gameplay.
    I had to stop playing my main guy because I couldn't beat the mages guild. A guy I needed to kill for a key ran into the room I needed the key for and died as the door shut from DoTs. Yeah, so he was permadead and I didn't play the game for about a year afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I had to stop playing my main guy because I couldn't beat the mages guild. A guy I needed to kill for a key ran into the room I needed the key for and died as the door shut from DoTs. Yeah, so he was permadead and I didn't play the game for about a year afterwards...
    Which is why I'm glad I got the PC version, so I can use the console to walk through the door and continue.

I never really got into Oblivion (although I should give it another try) but I've played Fallout 3 and I don't think I've ever seen a game that crashes as often as this one. I've actually had to install a mod that saves automatically every three minutes just because the crashes were so frequent and so random. I'm convinced that Bethesda doesn't put too much energy into testing their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I had to stop playing because the fun aspect had run out of it. Oblivion was an awesomely fun game while you are doing some of the main quest lines and exploring its perks (heisting was awesome the first few time). Unfortunately though, once you've seen something, you've seen it. The dungeons were too repetitive and combat was usually either impossible, or extremely easy.

All in all though, it was definitely worth my $20 for the month I played it for.

Went into some dungeon once, broke 2 keys trying to lockpick, went into another room, autosave, no way out, and no other save.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNite View Post
    Went into some dungeon once, broke 2 keys trying to lockpick, went into another room, autosave, no way out, and no other save.
    Well, you could always load an old save.

I got in a "stuck" situation on the final mission in the game. I had walked into the council room in the palace, ready to alert the world of the danger it was in!

As I walked in, I decided to shut the door. Best not to let people get nosy. So, while talking to the new emperor, all of a sudden he stops talking, and everyone in the room stares at me, smiling an evil grin. Nobody said anything, nor could I move. I had been paralyzed by the overwhelming power of smiling.

Apparently, somebody is supposed to walk in the door during the conversation, and the bastard didn't know how to open the door =/

I have Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon and Oblivion in the one set. It is full of bugs.