Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Diaper covers

  1. #1

    Default Diaper covers

    Where would I find simple diaper covers made of terry or fleece? I know about the ones from Privatina and the Japanese brand, but both are too expensive. Any other sources?

  2. #2
    angelabauer

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup2008 View Post
    Where would I find simple diaper covers made of terry or fleece? I know about the ones from Privatina and the Japanese brand, but both are too expensive. Any other sources?
    Long ago, from the late 1980's to the mid 1990s, there were a few small firms specializing in AB clothing. One item they all sold was cloth dress-up covers intended to be worn over plastic panties. Terry was one of the cloth options, but I never saw fleece listed as an option in a price list. I bought some made of flannel and others made from cotton broadcloth.

    When those cloth covers and a shirt/top were made from identical fabric many called the result a "Baby Kellie" outfit. A marvelous female AB who wrote for DPF before my time first used that term. Jenny's best gal-pal was named Kellie. Kellie was the one who asked Mommy Caroline to create such a baby-doll set. It was Kellie who was shown wearing those in Mommy Caroline's catalog.

    Yes, Wolfpup, even back in 1990, such custom clothing was expensive. Square dance panties have lace ruffles. They tend to be less expensive, but they are not made of terry or fleece.

  3. #3

    Default

    Try the guy at etsy.com his place is called nevergrowup he makes Velcro closure diapers he may be able to make you something, he does custom work at very decent prices...

  4. #4

    Default

    Wolfpup, could you be a little more specific as to what kind you are looking for? Do you want something thick and bulky, or something thinner ( like a cotton panty ) ? As Angela said, most of the diaper covers, that I have seen, are intended to be worn over plastic pants. They do serve a practical function, they help to keep the diaper and plastic pants in place and help prevent the diaper from sagging when wet, but I like them for the sake of their appearance alone. I love the frilly ruffles and lace on my diaper covers. Again, as Angela has already said, if you want a girlish looking diaper cover, square-dance ' sissy-pants ' or rhumba-styled ' tennis panties ' are great. Do you want a diaper cover for practical use or for dressing-up the appearance of your diapers?

  5. #5

    Default

    Thank you, Fifigal and Angela.

    I want to wear the covers for aesthetic reasons: when I dress down to just diapers and plastic pants, I'd like to have cover my plastic pants covered with a cloth like material. Terry and fleece are the materials that come to mind. I am not looking for the sissy look, but simply for something that covers my plastic pants.



    Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Wolfpup, could you be a little more specific as to what kind you are looking for? Do you want something thick and bulky, or something thinner ( like a cotton panty ) ? As Angela said, most of the diaper covers, that I have seen, are intended to be worn over plastic pants. They do serve a practical function, they help to keep the diaper and plastic pants in place and help prevent the diaper from sagging when wet, but I like them for the sake of their appearance alone. I love the frilly ruffles and lace on my diaper covers. Again, as Angela has already said, if you want a girlish looking diaper cover, square-dance ' sissy-pants ' or rhumba-styled ' tennis panties ' are great. Do you want a diaper cover for practical use or for dressing-up the appearance of your diapers?


    ---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Try the guy at etsy.com his place is called nevergrowup he makes Velcro closure diapers he may be able to make you something, he does custom work at very decent prices...
    Wonderful! I just placed an order for the polka dots diaper cover :-)

    BTW, his show is called "nevergrownup".

  6. #6
    annierighthurr

    Default

    Cloth Diapers

    I have some of her diaper covers. They're super nice, soft and thick. Here's a pic of me wearing one of them (in a pattern I don't think is available anymore, idk):



    Highly recommended!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup2008 View Post


    ... Wonderful! I just placed an order for the polka dots diaper cover :-)

    BTW, his show is called "nevergrownup".
    That's great, wolfpup2008. I am glad you found something you like. Also, thanks for the link, Annie. I am going to look around that site and see if there is anything I might like to buy.

  8. #8

    Default

    Oh you would love my blue ones with the little sheep on it, it soo cute.

  9. #9

    Default

    I know this is a bit off topic but if you don't mind me asking Annie, what diaper are you actually wearing in that pic cause if thats cloth I'd like to know what as I've been thinking on getting some good cloth diapers.

  10. #10

    Default

    I can custom sew you a diaper cover in cotton or fleece for a very reasonable price if you would like. PM me and we can discuss this more.

Similar Threads

  1. Diaper covers for swimming in
    By Kaliborio in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-Oct-2009, 04:23
  2. The Covers Thread
    By Zeit in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-Apr-2009, 05:43
  3. Japanese diaper covers
    By Emileigh in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20-Jan-2009, 18:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.