Thread: Power outages- Video games- SUCK BALLS

Default Power outages- Video games- SUCK BALLS

K, here's the scoop. Been playing Midnight Club LA on my XBox 360- and TWICE, TWICE I lose my Goddamn car cause my power flickered due to some idiot jackass drunk playing with the breakers or something. UGH. I lose my prized Dodge Charger and I lose my Ford Focus I won in a street race..

Anyone else have that happen in a power outage, you're doing good and then BOOM! Power goes out?

WildThing121675

They do indeed suck. If it is going to be an ongoing issue you may want to invest in a powerstrip with battery backup

Yep. I was playing GTA IV, had played for SIX FUCKING HOURS STRAIGHT and was heading back to the house to save the game after completing maybe 19-25 missions.. All of a sudden I heard a loud BANG! followed by a rending sound ( metal tearing ) and someone had crashed a motorhome into the electric pole. A fucking MOTORHOME.. Grrr

Yeah, I've got a big battery backup. My daughter and son in law got it for me for Christmas. But two weeks ago we had a big thunder storm and it wiped out my Monster surge protector. Of course, better the Monster than my 50" wide screen and stereo. The monster surge protectors buzz when they have been compromised. It's buzzing like crazy!

BernardFx

I was playin Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, for Gamecube, and was like in level 94 in th Pit of 100 Trials.
    Then, a thunderstorm came rolling in, and cut the power.
    Damn! There are no savepoints in that area, and I had been playing for 2 1/2 hours straight!

I was playing with friends on CoD 5, we had a good team going on hardcore search and we needed everyone we could get. I was on a role, 6 kills carried over from last game ment one more and we get dogs (which on hardcore will destroy the enemy team). I actually had just about lined up my kill when boom no power. My friend called me up a few minutes later saying that we lost because I bailed. The two people left on our team got nailed by the guy on the watertower (the guy I was hunting).

Not to mention that the power outage could have completely fucked over the $2000 projector...

My problem was caused by drunk college kids playing with the breakers that connect our power. I found out that it was caused by idiots who were two drunk to know that they were playing with something they should not have.

Plus, this is not the first time that has happened to me. Case in point, I was playing Madden '99 on my PS1 one night, and BOOM! My power goes out cause some animal had to fry itself. I had a nice lead over Baltimore, and BOOM! UGH!

I had no idea powerstrips had battery power. I may have to look into one of those. Can anyone help me with a good one? I do not wish to fry my TV, which I have had since '99, my laptop, or my game consoles...

WildThing121675

Hence why I HATE college kids with a passion and think Martial Law is needed in my hometown...
    Last edited by WildThing121675; 17-Apr-2010 at 12:57. Reason: Personal

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    My problem was caused by drunk college kids playing with the breakers that connect our power. I found out that it was caused by idiots who were two drunk to know that they were playing with something they should not have.

Plus, this is not the first time that has happened to me. Case in point, I was playing Madden '99 on my PS1 one night, and BOOM! My power goes out cause some animal had to fry itself. I had a nice lead over Baltimore, and BOOM! UGH!

I had no idea powerstrips had battery power. I may have to look into one of those. Can anyone help me with a good one? I do not wish to fry my TV, which I have had since '99, my laptop, or my game consoles...

WildThing121675

Hence why I HATE college kids with a passion and think Martial Law is needed in my hometown...
    Newegg.com - PC UPS, Back Up Power Supply, Uninterruptable Power Supply, Computer UPS

The more expensive it is, the longer it'll give you power, and the better protection it has.

Sorry, it's just one of those things where it's actually true.