View Poll Results: And the winner of the Stanley Cup is...

24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Washington Capitals

3 12.50%
  • 2 New Jersey Devils

1 4.17%
  • 3 Buffalo Sabres

0 0%
  • 4 Pittsburgh Penguins

1 4.17%
  • 5 Ottawa Senators

1 4.17%
  • 6 Boston Bruins

1 4.17%
  • 7 Philadelphia Flyers

2 8.33%
  • 8 Montreal Canadiens

3 12.50%
  • 1 San Jose Sharks

1 4.17%
  • 2 Chicago Blackhawks

3 12.50%
  • 3 Vancouver Canucks

2 8.33%
  • 4 Phoenix Coyotes

0 0%
  • 5 Detroit Red Wings

4 16.67%
  • 6 Los Angeles Kings

0 0%
  • 7 Nashville Predators

0 0%
  • 8 Colorado Avalanche

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 NHL Playoffs

Default 2010 NHL Playoffs

Because a lot of members here are fans of hockey (those Canadians) I decided to make a poll based on who you think will win the Stanley Cup this year. Any decisions because since I am from the DMV area and since my team won the President's Trophy this year I just have to say one thing...

Horn Horn Horn Lets Go CAPS!!!!!!

Who cares about the playoffs? Evander Kane kicks Penguin ass, playoffs or not!

And... my namesake on here won team MVP!

...Fine, I'll answer the question. But first, tell me this (no cheating!).

What were the final Southeast Division standings by the end of the 2006-2007 season?

Gonna go with the Canucks but only cause my uncle used to play for them. XD

How did I not notice this thread yesterday?!?

Anyhow, I voted for Detroit, but it's pretty much only because I want it to be Detroit, as a Wings fan. In all reality, I'd say it's likely to be a match-up between Chicago and Washington. Either way it goes then, a curse will be over. Either Chicago will end their 50 year cup drought (1961 was their last) or the Caps will get their first. I don't think Pittsburgh has a repeat in them this year, and I like Phoenix's chances, but I just don't know if they have the firepower to win a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93 View Post
    Gonna go with the Canucks but only cause my uncle used to play for them. XD
    Go Harold Druken!
    (Yes, I know he's retired now, lol)

This is why I am surprised that it even took a day for Antropov/Kovalchuk to make a post here and he is the definition of the hockey fan. But I can see the Red Wings at a chance in the Conference Finals. But I do hate all the reps that say that Chicago is going to win it. I am not that big of a hockey fan, but I can say that hopefully after the disasters of the Redskins over the years, the Wizards self destructing, and don't even get me started on the Nationals (Go Yankees!), the Caps are the first DC team in 18 years (before I was born) that has a chance at a championship (The Skins were 14-2 in 1991 and won Super Bowl XXVI against the Buffalo Bills; which is ironically the city that I was born in). But I do hope that the Caps don't choke in 7 like they have had over the past 2 years and actually compete.

Well, actually, the Caps did have a 'chance' at the championship more recently than that. Remember 1998? Oh, that's right, you're 17, you might not very well, lol (oh, and you didn't live there then either, so never mind).

Well I remember 1998, and the Caps were a pretty darn good team back then, but the just didn't have what it took to beat the Wings in the Cup Finals. I still remember Game 2 of that series almost like it was yesterday. Wings scored first, then he Caps responded with 3 in a row! Then the Wings score in the 2nd to reduce the gap to 1 goal, and about a minute later, the Caps scored again to make it 4-2. The Wings came back to tie it in the 3rd, and Kris Draper (of all people) put the game away at about 5:48 of the first overtime for the Wings, 5-4. Now that was a great game, though I'd probably have thought differently if I was rooting for the Caps back then, lol.

Oh yeah... 1998. I probably didn't know hockey existed back then. But I guess this year is just amazing for DC fans everywhere because this is the year that there is a team with a chance after all of the issues with the Wizards so far. I am a Spurs fan in basketball so this doesn't hurt me that much. 50 win season for the 10th season!

Rangers blew it in their last-chance game. Lundqvist was the whole team that night, they were outshot like 60-13 or something else ridiculous. That's what the Rangers do, they get cocky and shove their heads up their asses. They were winning 1-0 thanks to Lundqvist guarding that net, that's all. Final minutes of the 3rd period the Flyers got on in to tie it, then the ended up winning in the shootout. !!!! I was so pissed you can't imagine!

Anyway, since the Rangers are out, I voted for the Red Wings. Second favorite team. Anyone but the Devils, the Canadiens, or the Pengiuns. ESPECIALLY THE PENGUINS.

Well, I will be suporting Ottawa. Altough, in all honesty, I care about this more that I do about the Stanley Cup Playoffs (and even then, its going to be an anticlimax because of the Olympics). What can I say, in my books international sports are always more interesting that professional sports...

Still, go Ottawa (at least they aren't good enough to choke ^^).

OK, the division went like this in 2007:

Tampa Bay

But, obviously, these Caps are different from those of 2007, so I picked them as having the best shot at the Cup (what they lack in defense and goaltending, they more than make up for in offense). Even though I'd like to see the Sabres win it all, because I like Ryan Miller, I voted for the Capitals.