Thread: Need help finding Diaper Pins

Default Need help finding Diaper Pins

Hey Guys, I have beeen trying to do cloth diapers for a while now and have just been trying the standard baby diaper pin to close them and I am finding that the pins are not holding up very well. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas of the pins you guys are using and how they are holding up to multiple uses. Thanks.

Well, I didn't look very hard, but a Google search brings up these. If I remember correctly, a lot of the adult cloth diapering places sell something like those. I haven't done any sort of pin-on style diapers before, so I don't really have any advice for you, except sticking the pins in a bar of soap will lubricate them so that they're easier to push through the cotton.

I use the smaller baby diaper pins because they go through the cloth easier. They will need to be replaced after 2 years of use. I have a set of the big stainless steel ones, but they won't pass through the diaper unless you put soap on them....their suggestion. I put baby lotion on them, and that helps, but it's still a pain, so I almost always use the baby pins.

You are right, however, that they tend to bend, and they will occasionally pop open. I wish they would make a thinner larger stainless steel diaper pin; the best of both worlds, so to speak.

I just use ordinary safety pins. It's a few bucks of a pack of like 25 at Target, and you get an array of sizes. The smaller ones aren't of much use, but the two larger sizes work just fine for me.

Try AdultClothDiaper or shopping on eBay (for diaper/safety pins). I fancy 3-inch pins, which, in fact, are holding me together right now.

TARGET has regular baby diaper pins that work well (I have some blue ones with bears o them and some yellow duckies).

Wally world has brass larger safety pins in the sewing section, they work well but need to be sharpened to go thru lots of layers..