Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with your eyes open

Default Sleeping with your eyes open

I was just wonderin if anyone else here has ever had this happed? ...sleeping with your eyes open that is...

Every once in a while I wake up with my eyes half open and my contacts dried up, usually a couple times a week or so. One time, I thought I was dreaming at first. I was just seeing a crack in the wall, then it looked like a line, then as I slowly woke up, I realised I had one eye open and what I was seein was actually a green decorative line on the wall just below the ceiling. It kinda creeps me out sometimes to be honest.
    I just wanted to post this to see if any of you have had a similar thing happen to you....and possibly find out any reason why this might happen.

Welp, thanks for your time, and hope my first thread wasnt a pointless one....

My dad says I always sleep with my eyes about half open..Doesn't hurt me any it doesnt seem, so I'm not too worried about it

it's supposed to mean you're a martian or something. it happens to me all the time. sometimes i wake up and realize my eyes have been completely open the whole time.

once i had a dream that i was trying to drive along this one really broad empty street in seattle. it was sunset and the sun kept getting in my eyes more and more until finally i couldn't see anything at all and it was like i was staring at the ceiling of a canvas tent in direct sunlight. then i woke up and i realized my eyes were open and i was staring at the ceiling of my room which was bathed in late-afternoon sunlight. that was back in the days when i worked as a baker and slept in the daytime.

well why don't you take your contacts out b4 goin to sleep then?

My little brother sleeps with his eyes open....

It doesn't really have any effect whatsoever...
    other than being creepy as hell to the people around you.

What Tigger said.

You don't need them to see in your dreams after all, and your eyes will thank you for letting them breath at least when you sleep. I sometimes use contact lenses too but I try to take them off as soon as I can.

As for the "sleeping with open eyes" thing, never happened to me, at least not that I remember.

Yeah, very weird...when I read your first post I figured you just opened your eyes for a second while you were dreaming. But apparently some people here really do sleep with their eyes open. I didn't know that was possible.

I hate it when I forget to take my contacts out before bed. I also hate waking up and not being able to see.

I used to sleepwalk with my eyes open and it used to freak out my mum, but does that count?. I Dunno if its normal to sleepwalk with eyes open

I've done it, but not like how you are all describing.

I had art class in junior high, and that class really sucked.. So in order to bare it, I figured out a way to sleep with my eyes open. I would stare directly at something in front of me, let my eyes droop to about 1/2 way, and then relax enough to go to sleep. It didn't always work, but when it did I could catch some sleep without getting busted by the man!

I've never woken during the night to find my eyes open, though.. as least not that I'm aware of. I never really thought about this before now, so I'll pay more atention when I wake up now.

once when i was little i had a weird dream that ended with my dad waving at ghosts through a fence. i woke up to see him waving at me telling me that my eyes were half open and he thought i was awake. it was only once though.