Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls (Non AB)

Default Girls (Non AB)

Bit of a speil here. (Not the German meaning (game or playing)... the German translated to English and losing meaning meaning... in other words.... Long amount of talking about a subject)

So, even as a guy who's job it is to help depressed people (and other problems)...getting a bit depressed here. I've been searching for a nice girl to get to know for well on 5 years now and haven't found one who is single who meets my requirements. This is bad because my requirements are so ... simple.
    1) a girl
    2) nice
    3) not a gold digger

Now, I'm not looking for a girl into any of this abdl stuff or anything like that. Just looking for a nice girl. Just can't seem to find any who are single.
    First one I went for was a awesome Cook Islander girl. Pitch black girl who did island dancing. Best smile. However, asked her our and she was not interested because, at 17 she was after 20 year olds. (not people the same age)
    Next girl was my best mate from my education/child psychology course and who I have also known since I was 12. I have the misfortune of being that nice guy who everyone loves to be friends with. She fell in love with a guy who completely pisses me off... Not cos he's a dick head... but because he is so nice and... exactly like me that I can't figure out what made her go for him over me. (He's now one of my best mates... bastard)

Next girl was a girl who was absolutely stunning. Super model hot... but very mature and didn't do any of the games young girls seem to do. Interested in ALL the same things as me and could talk to her on any subject for hours... and she falls for a complete and utter jerk. Someone who is loud, obnoxious and generally annoying. (He's also my friend now. I'm everyones friend... Bastard)

Basically, I meet girls left, right and center but only the really horrible girls seem to go for me.

Example: Asked a girl out who was completely into me. Bit of muck around fun and then she popped the question... "What do you do?" "Oh, I advise teachers on how to help kids." "Oh.. how much does that make?" "About $50k" "Oh ... sorry.. I was looking for a guy who was on the mines or a geologist... at least $100k"
    As a very outspoken person you can imagine what I said to this gold digger.

Example 2: Got asked out by a girl who I found pretty sexy. (I'm into bigger girls) Went to the zoo with her and some of her mates. Going fine... seemed nice. BAM. There was this Aboriginal kid there and she goes up to a security guard and made up this HUGE fantastic lie that he was throwing things at the lizards. I intervened and asked "Why the hell would you say that?" and she goes "He's Noongya (local Aboriginal tribe). He wasn't doing something wrong when we were there but he would of when we left!"
    Told her she was a scary bitch and left.

Problem is, this has happened not once, but 7 times. Gold diggers and prostitutes. (same thing)

I was talking to a girl the other day and she said, "I don't know why but the guys I date always turn out to be jerks. All guys are jerks."
    And, from what I figure, only a minority would be gold diggers and most would want to get to know nice guys.

Now, I'm not sure how I fall outside the radar. I volunteer in a number of groups, I'm fantastic with kids (have to be in my job), I can talk to anyone, have a great sense of humour and have everything in terms of personality going for me. In the physical department, yes... I do wear glasses but I'm a bloody rock climber. I f***en climb cliffs for fun and am pretty tanked. I can run for over an hour without stopping and play sports constantly. I'm a pretty muscular (in a wiry way) and fit bloke. The girls I get with have all commented on my awesome back muscles (actually my lats). I'm also bloody confident and think I'm a champ (as you may have noticed) which, according to everyone I talk to, is the important thing. Confidence.
    The only thing I don't have is money.

Now, I'm pretty sure that the minority (20%) of girls are gold diggers and prositutes... or less. So where do all these nice girls hide?

Anyone know how to find nice girls as an adult? Where are they all hiding and why do they always date people they don't like?

End of thought releasing rant aka ... just got back from date with girl who asked me how much I earned and needed to vent.
    Last edited by Aidy; 05-Apr-2010 at 15:38.

When you crack this, let me know.

In a directly related note, do not be fooled into thinking that going out with someone (anyone) is better than being alone. It's just not true. Insofar as gold-diggers, I've actually had someone tell me, what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine. In retrospect, I suspect that's about the only true thing she ever said to me.

I myself have determined that, while women say they want one thing (good sense of humor, mature, sensible), they actually seem to want another ("dickhead boyfriend syndrome," which you point out above). It's very frustrating and upsetting.

Elli

I'm a straight female and I don't get it either! I'm shocked that a girl would ask how much you got paid and then have the cheek to say she was looking for someone with more!! It sounds more like going out to buy a sofa than meeting people! 'Sorry, I was looking for one with 0% APR...'

This seems like a huge ugly case of misplaced priorities. They seem to think money will buy the happiness. Or maybe they're proud. They have no idea of the value in a relationship or eventually a marriage with someone they love.

I wish I knew what the answer is, to meeting good people. It sounds like you're being realistic and expecting people to have faults, and you know perseverence is key to relationships, but have the confidence to draw the line when people really go too far, like at the zoo! That was aweful!

The good news is, you're only 22. And chances are, the right girl will turn up when you least expect it. I wasn't looking for a guy at the time I met my soon-to-be husband. I hope it works out just right for you in the end!

DominatingMommy

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    I myself have determined that, while women say they want one thing (good sense of humor, mature, sensible), they actually seem to want another ("dickhead boyfriend syndrome," which you point out above). It's very frustrating and upsetting.
    Not all of us want dickheads. However I do believe that girls like me are rare. I don't understand gold-diggers either. I think because I am deep down a romantic. For love, I'd be homeless with only the clothes on my back, as long as the one I love is with me.

Find the shy girl. She's the one secretly pining away for you. You know the one, you think she doesn't like you because she doesn't speak. She's a little nerdy in that adorable way. She's out there. Keep looking.

Yep. I quit looking a while ago. I'm just going to have to assume one day I will come across a woman who isn't a whore.. I mean seriously, being the nice guy apparently isn't good enough, most woman want the guy who has all kinds of money and will buy them a BMW but then also beat the crap out of her.. really?

Quote Originally Posted by DominatingMommy View Post
    Not all of us want dickheads. However I do believe that girls like me are rare. I don't understand gold-diggers either. I think because I am deep down a romantic. For love, I'd be homeless with only the clothes on my back, as long as the one I love is with me.

Find the shy girl. She's the one secretly pining away for you. You know the one, you think she doesn't like you because she doesn't speak. She's a little nerdy in that adorable way. She's out there. Keep looking.
    "Secretly" nothing. If you find her, send her my way.

I don't want to come accross as the jerk here, (but hey, you've already painted most women as jerks so I'll go ahead and do it anyway :P )

I'm hoping in your post that the way you're listing all your good qualities is not the way you'd normally go about trying to woo a girl? Because if it is then maybe you're just going the right way about it.

I like a confidant man, that's for sure, but not one who sprouts about how amazing he is in such detail.

On the other hand, you are just writing a thread, so you were probably just running through them to make us understand how you are, and if that's the case then that's ok

I don't gold-dig, but my past few romantic endevours have resulted in DBS as you describe above. The problem seems to be is that there's a few people on both sides of the gender line fucking everything up for everyone! It's just not fair!

But seriously, you sound like a lovely guy, I guess you just need to wait, the best things come to you when you're not expecting it!

Actually, I was actually saying that I know that 80% of girls are good people ...

But yeah, was semi drunk last night after ditching my date so wrote that in the drunk state. Now, I do know my bad points and I don't actually say anything like I said on this thread but I know my good points and I like to play to them a bit. No, I don't tell people about them like I did in the thread. Usually they already know about them because I meet most girls in the activities that I do.

Anyway, not in drunk mode now so basically I say, I'm only 22 so, meh... I'll keep having fun and just keep casting the fishing line and doing what I do. I do find nice girls but I'm just never quick enough.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now

I suspected that you didn't normally say things like that to girls you were trying to woo, but I thought it was sensible to point it out just in case :P