Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scared s/he might change his/her mind about your diapers?

Default Scared s/he might change his/her mind about your diapers?

I am worried at times that my wife could change her mind about my diaper wearing. Today she tolerates it, sometimes encourages me mildly, but she is not into diapers at all. The thought scares me that her knowing about my wearing would fester and quietly ruin her respect and love for me. It's a confidence thing. People do change their minds about their partners, so am I increasing the likelihood of her loosing her love for me by doing what I am doing?

Anyone have a similar experience?

annierighthurr

Yeah ABDL completely destroyed a former relationship of mine. It's not a dumb paranoia.

My boyfriend now is a bit easier to deal with now considering he's ABDL too lol..

Butterfly Mage

I had a partner many years ago who did freak out about the DL thing. He also couldn't deal with my dissociative disorder. My partner of 11 years, however, can deal with both issues.

I know exactly how you feel.
    My wife accepts my diapers but she is also not into wearing them herself.

However, the diapers are just a small part of you and your relationship .
    There should be plenty of other reasons why she should want the relationship to continue.

I try to go out of my way to give my wife as much help with anything she is doing as I can.
    Not just because of the diapers, I am a helpful person anyway, but I give that extra bit more.
    I figure she didn't really get a fair deal, since she did not know when we got married and I am very thankfull she is accepting.

The thought that your partner might leave one day isn't just restricted to diaper wearing. It could be anything that may be considered unusual.
    All you can do is help and support your partner to the best of your ability.

Olivia

Well you just gotta find middle ground, how long have you two been married? because it's all about trust and being there for each other I doubt she would just change her mind and hate that you wear if you've been together for awhile.

It's something I worry about. I over analyze every twitch on my partners face when the topic of nappies come up, looking for a sign of disapproval. At times my concern over her thoughts on diapers can stress me out more than anything.

This one kind of hits home with me. I have been married 14 years this year and told my now wife probably the first month we were dating. We have recently been going through a period where we have drifted, partly due to my constant travel and my wife has become obsessed with the Twilight series and Rob Pattison. Anyway, in a discussion the other day she brought up that "the diaper" thing is bothering her. She has never participated, but I also have never hidden anything from her. She worries about the "noise" the diaper makes and is very concerned that our kids might find out. She did not say stop, just that its been bothering her and she feels bad raising it as I had told her right up front so she knew what she was getting into.

I am really struggling with this over the last week. I love my wife deeply. I also know that diapers are a part of who I am. I have been through binge/purge cycles and this is my second marriage. I have come to accept myself even if wearing diapers is considered odd, I enjoy and am secure in myself. Clearly I can control if I wear or not, but do I want to?

As someone else stated, I have always tried to go above and beyond to "compensate" for her acceptance of me for who I am. I am hoping this is just a phase with her, but not sure how I will know.

My wife is more important to me then the diapers, but at the same time it is something I really need in my life.

Very interested in others experiences.

My wife was accepting of it even though it bugged her but around Christmas time she completely went the other way. She thought it put undue strain on our marriage and wanted me to stop so I told her I could not make it go away forever.
    I made it 4 long months without diapers and now I'm getting to a point where I really can't go much longer. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get her to realize that I love her & understand how she feels but that I sacrificed for her and she should compromise a little for me.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

My wife was accepting of it even though it bugged her but around Christmas time she completely went the other way. She thought it put undue strain on our marriage and wanted me to stop so I told her I could not make it go away forever.
    I made it 4 long months without diapers and now I'm getting to a point where I really can't go much longer. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get her to realize that I love her & understand how she feels but that I sacrificed for her and she should compromise a little for me.

Honestly, this is exactly why you should ALWAYS talk to your significant other before you decide to both date seriously or go as far as GET MARRIED!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

If you genuinely want to stop using diapers, I would stop visiting ADISC and find some other forum to post in instead. It's not that I want you to leave, it just may be the best thing for you (of course, it might not be).