Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope Everybody enjoyed their Easter/9 Hours of no ADISC

Default Hope Everybody enjoyed their Easter/9 Hours of no ADISC

I think that this may have been a day in which everything happened. It is a sad sight that ADISC was practically shut down for the past 9 hours, but luckily we are back!!!

I think that in the perspective of sports this has been the best day ever for me. The Spurs beat the Lakers, My Yanks are crushing the Red Sox right now, and My Skins traded for Eagles QB Donovan McNabb a couple of hours ago. So, as the member population slowly returns back to ADISC, how was everybody's Easter/April 4th so far?

It went well for me . A lot of the time that the site was down I was at my grandma's house without any internet anyway, so that helped beat the ADISC deprivation I would have otherwise been facing, lol.

As for sports, my hometown Wings lost today, but since Calgary lost too, they clinched a playoff spot anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    As for sports, my hometown Wings lost today, but since Calgary lost too, they clinched a playoff spot anyway!
    Detroit in the playoffs makes it real unpredictable since they always find a way to crawl up to the Stanley Cup Finals over the years. Lets make sure that this is the Year of the Capitals.

My first thought was that we got shut down. =X Easter was EXCELLENT though, now if only these Sox can beat the Yankees in the next couple innings.

Oh, I'm actually expecting the Wings to likely loose in the second round. Not because I want them to, but because that's what I honestly think will happen. I'm thinking it may be a Washington-Chicago or Washington-Phoenix (yes, Phoenix) final. We shall see though. Since when have the Stanley Cup playoffs been predictable anyway? Lol, not since the 80s, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    now if only these Sox can beat the Yankees in the next couple innings.
    Hey our Easter can't be perfect for everybody now can it? GO YANKS!!!

spddan: That does sound feasible but there is something within me that says that the Caps can choke in the Second Round. I mean it has happened to San Jose for the past 2 years... I'm not a Hockey fan per se but this year is just too exciting. I wasn't born the last time DC had a champion team (91 Redskins) and even then I was born in the city of the losing team (Buffalo, NY).

I had a great morning. My choir got applauded for both their anthems, as well as the benedictional response, which was a big piece. I got applauded at the organ for playing the Widor Toccatta.

I went home and made eggs for me and my wife which we ate out on our sun porch as it was a beautiful day. Then we had family over, (included two grand children). I cooked these massive angus beef hamburgers. We had a really great time. I didn't even know adisc was down. I probably would have freaked, feeling suddenly insecure. Anyway, Sunday was excellent. And the Yankees winning? Awesome!

Peachy

I've slept through most of the downtime anyway, so it didn't bother me much.

It's still Easter here though. Yay for getting two public holidays out of Easter!

Easter Monday! Seems useful especially since we have tomorrow off for school as well. A little peeved because the motherfucking worst team in the world Boston Red Sox beat the Yankees fair and square yesterday. But hey, its still April!

My easter was pretty meh. Couldn't afford to go home so I sat around eating canned pasta since all the stores were closed.