Thread: 2010 Boating season

Default 2010 Boating season

Ok folks, one activity I greatly enjoy is boating. I do both power boats and Sail.

The season is approaching and we just put our Century 2600 in the water.

I started this thread to talk all things nautical. Yours boat or desired boat, how you like to play on the water, questions , comments and suggestions for a good boating season.

This year we are going to by a "tube" for our 27 footer to go play on the lake with, anyone else do this and what is a good rig to buy?

We have a Bayliner 185, but at the moment it's still sitting on the lawn as the lakes haven't yet cleared of ice in our area. This year we're planning on putting a new prop on, so she'll get more power out of the hole, which'll be good for barefooting and skiing.

I'm not a huge fan of tubes, myself, but they can be fun if you go with a buddy. I'm more a kneeboard/wakeboard fan. I don't really do any tricks or anything, but it's still a really good time.

I'm looking into getting my boating license very soon. I work at a marina over the summer and it would be great ti have that this year. I see boats constantly on the island I live on, I'm thinking I'll probably buy one after I have enough money ten years from now or so.

Cool were in RI, I used to sail from fishers island/watch hill area to Block island and then up to Newport.

My toy...

Probably a few more weeks before it goes back in the lake. Can't wait!

I have a 25' cabin cruiser that I just uncovered and will be putting in the water next weekend. cant wait to spend the weekends out on the lake enjoying the fresh air and sun shine.
    as for a tube I would have to say goto overtons.com and buy a nitro tube they are awsome.

Cool

I am a boat-a-holic, if there is such a thing! I live a block form the water, i own 2 boats, one Boston Whaler, one Sea king (which i am trying to sell), and i used to race Optimists.

For my job, i work as a crew on a tour boat, and might look into getting my 100 ton license, and live in the sailing capitol of the United States.

i just put some new plugs in my outboard just today and fired her up! (what a way to spend Easter huh?) Once the water warms up, i will commute to work on a boat, to work on a boat (paradox... maybe) but i love it!

IDK, i guess you just got me too excited.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChildishDaze View Post
    Cool were in RI, I used to sail from fishers island/watch hill area to Block island and then up to Newport.
    I work in Newport, any chance I might see you?

Pastrami,

Sadly no, I haven't sailed in Newport since about 05-ish. I used to tie up at the Naval Warfare college when we would pop in for a weekend. BTW, are the aircraft carriers Saratoga and Forrestal still moored at the far end of the Base, near the Coast Guard Pier? My old man sailed on Saratoga in Desert Storm.

NEJay

That is a sharp looking go-faster, I was looking for air intakes on the starboard quarter and could not see them. Is she outboard powered or am I blind?

Babyeddie71

I just sold my 26 foot sunrunner Cabin cruiser last year. I enjoyed it but If I can avoid it I don't ever want an I/O again. It was a Chevy 350 with Volvo marine systems and a Volvo Penta out drive.

gbdh

YES get that 100 ton or even the six pack licences as soon as you can. You work on a tour boat now, are you planning on working tugs (were the money flows like water LOL) because the seem to not want deckhands without at least a six pack license anymore. Insurance reasons.

I love Whalers. Nuf said. IS your sea king one of the skiff style or is a center console OS FIshing boat?

Brocillian

Barefooting, they must build you guys tough, that would bust me all to hell

Quote Originally Posted by ChildishDaze View Post
    Pastrami,

Sadly no, I haven't sailed in Newport since about 05-ish. I used to tie up at the Naval Warfare college when we would pop in for a weekend. BTW, are the aircraft carriers Saratoga and Forrestal still moored at the far end of the Base, near the Coast Guard Pier? My old man sailed on Saratoga in Desert Storm.
    They are still there, although I think they are considering getting rid of them, they cost a ton of money to maintain.