Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you, sometimes, just love ADISC?

Default Do you, sometimes, just love ADISC?

haha... i know, is cheesy, but i do.
    I don't interact much though...
    but sometimes it's just cool to be here, reading stuff, and laughing about some crazy funny things in a place that everybody understands, or try to undestand each other... our unusal diapered lives... i don't know... emotional moment for ADISC, sorry hehe.
    posting anyway...

GaashaHuzzah

I love ADISC and I've made love to it once.

There were a lot of circuit boards and floppy disk jokes.

Well spoken. Agree with you there is a very good forum.

I do it all the time!

I always like to follow what happens, I even sometimes find myself thinking to ADISC people during my day...

It just feels so right being here and being part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    It just feels so right being here and being part of it.
    This

Theres always great advice, interesting topics, understanding people, and a good laugh to top it.

ADISC FTW!!

Eh, I used to like it.

I used to come on a lot more. I mis the "old" days when the user base was not full of people that did not care about spelling or users that act all assholish. then there are the few that just post without reading and the weird user that posts weird stuff and knows it's weird but keeps doing so.

Now and days I'm lucky if I stop by once/twice a day. And I tend only to pop into IRC when I feel like getting on furnet or Anthrochat.

It's a great community. But I do not see it turning out any different then a lot of other sites if the old users can not interact better with the new users and the new users stop acting all shy/weird and post more and contribute more. The old users need to also relies that they are no different then many of the new users they started out the same way. They asked some of the same questions. They acted just as dumb in times too. And then they also need to read the rules again.... Because it seems a lot of them forgot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Now and days I'm lucky if I stop by once/twice a day. And I tend only to pop into IRC when I feel like getting on furnet or Anthrochat.

It's a great community. But I do not see it turning out any different then a lot of other sites if the old users can not interact better with the new users and the new users stop acting all shy/weird and post more and contribute more. The old users need to also relies that they are no different then many of the new users they started out the same way. They asked some of the same questions. They acted just as dumb in times too. And then they also need to read the rules again.... Because it seems a lot of them forgot them.
    I missed you on chat. I was just starting to wonder where you went.

I agree about the older members not interacting as well with the newer members. There are also a few members who I find are extremely welcoming to newer members. For me, I kind of have a feeling about if I think the person will be productive on the site. If I think their intro post is good, or if they just seem confused I'll try to give them advice on how to maneuver the site, what topics to avoid and such. There are also members where I have a feeling they will stop in and likely never even get to being a Regular. I usually avoid those threads because I don't feel I know what to say to them that will make them more productive. I've been delightfully surprised by members I thought would leave and turned out to be productive members of the community, but I've also seen a couple people that I thought would integrate into the community just drop off. I always try to be welcoming in the chat, unless the person is obvitroll... I hope the site doesn't become one of those places where people feel unwelcome because they don't know anybody.

I used to. Not because I think the site has drastically changed or anything... But I used to have no real life, and my life WAS ADISC and a select few other sites. I just have a lot better things to do now than sit on my butt on the computer.

It's cool, you know? It keeps me away from playing FPSes all day. Helps me when I'm bored and have wifi.

I used to come on a lot more. I mis the "old" days when the user base was not full of people that did not care about spelling or users that act all assholish. then there are the few that just post without reading and the weird user that posts weird stuff and knows it's weird but keeps doing so.
    I know one website I used to go to like that... -sigh- Now the only thing being posted there is millions of Roleplaying threads. I don't think i've seen a normal discussion on there since 2 years ago. We were once a family, now it's full of horny creeps.