Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YOUR blankie :3

Default YOUR blankie :3

So if you have a blankie, can you describe it and how much you love it?

Mine is roughly as big as me, super cuddly fleece, with rainbow music notes and rainbow trim (gayest blankie ever :p). It sleeps with me every night and carry it around the house, sometimes travels with me :3

my baby blankie was thrown out by my parents when it was deemed ragged
    so I guess I just got attatched to my current one

The blanket that I have used as a brand for the majority of my life are blue Martha Stewart cotton blankets from K-Mart. I got my first one when I was 4 and that lasted me 10 years. Right now I have the second and third reincarnate of those blankets. They are amazing and they keep me warm every day!!!

My blankie is black with spiderweb print all over it...its extremely warm...and I love itt. ;D
    it's not much of a "baby" blanket...but it's good for now. ^^

Elli

I have a small 'blanket' square from 'Taggies'. There are bigger ones, but I have a small one and like to fiddle with the tags to relax and fall asleep. It's blue with stars. I have normal fleece type blankets for the bed too though.

The taggies Shop

I as a adult still have mine, but it's tattered and battered as it's as old as I am. I recently started to sleep with a Cleveland Browns-colored afghan my mom made me. It's my way of having ties to my mom and my family as well as my baby side.

My first blankie, is battered, tattered, and old. I have had it since I can remember, but the old girl's showing her age. Oh well... I love it anyway.

WildThing121675

I lost my blankie somewhere in the 8-10 y.o. range. It was a quilt that had several different materials, ranging from velvet to twill, (I still have a fixation for velvet) in a nautical theme.

Over Christmas, I was at a local branch of Kohls, and stumbled on their Jumping Bean line of bedding. I brought home this one after much internal debate over whether the animal print or the robot print was better. It is SO WARM! The polar fleece has a lot of loft, and after just a second you can feel heat building. During the coldest part of winter I used it as the first layer on my bed, under the flannel sheets. I am seriously thinking about getting a couple more and either making some footed jammies or a queen size blanket out of 'em.

My blanket, which I have had since before I was born (random: as a fetus, I also went to Hawaii, to where I have not yet returned ^^), is called Jemima I, and she depicts Jemima Puddle-Duck and her ducklings. She was sewn by my now deceased great aunt. (Jemima II is a stuffed animal.)
    Last edited by Kovy; 01-Apr-2010 at 15:49.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    I lost my blankie somewhere in the 8-10 y.o. range. It was a quilt that had several different materials, ranging from velvet to twill, (I still have a fixation for velvet) in a nautical theme.

Over Christmas, I was at a local branch of Kohls, and stumbled on their Jumping Bean line of bedding. I brought home this one after much internal debate over whether the animal print or the robot print was better. It is SO WARM! The polar fleece has a lot of loft, and after just a second you can feel heat building. During the coldest part of winter I used it as the first layer on my bed, under the flannel sheets. I am seriously thinking about getting a couple more and either making some footed jammies or a queen size blanket out of 'em.
    That's a really cool blanket. Good choice!

Well, mine started out with a white top fabric with kittens in bow-ties printed on it (wonder why I'm gay, lol) and the bottom piece was just solid red. Now its just a white piece of fabric and the only parts of the print that are clear are the eyes, nose and yes, the bow-ties. It stays on my bed and I use it more as a pillow. Yes, it is my original blankie made by my mother.

i still have my actual baby blanket, apparently it was used to hide the high chair at my mom's baby shower. It's kinda short, goes to about my lower thigh or so when i'm holding it up to my face. It's white with thin blue squares, and baby pluto and mickey and minny on it ^^ kinda thick, and really snuggly. x3 i love it~