Thread: A little graphic card help.

Default A little graphic card help.

PCI Express 2.0 x16
    (dual X16, triple X16/X8/X8, or Quad X8)

How can you tell/configure your graphic cards to run in the X8 mode?

It should do it right away. In most cases I belive the first card will run 16x, 2nd 8x, 3rd 8x, an 4th 4x. But I could be wrong.

I wish I could be more help. I know enough when it come to computers, just not everything :\

Quote Originally Posted by Siege89 View Post
    It should do it right away. In most cases I belive the first card will run 16x, 2nd 8x, 3rd 8x, an 4th 4x. But I could be wrong.
    Ok that's good. I'm looking to run 2 Monitor X16 Tablet monitor X8 HDTV X8

What that spec means is that with two graphics cards, both will run at X16, with three one will run at X16 and the other two at X8, and with four graphics cards all of them will run at X8. I'm not sure why you'd want to run at X8 though when you could be at X16, in any case, the board will automatically run in the most efficient configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by random person View Post
    What that spec means is that with two graphics cards, both will run at X16, with three one will run at X16 and the other two at X8, and with four graphics cards all of them will run at X8. I'm not sure why you'd want to run at X8 though when you could be at X16, in any case, the board will automatically run in the most efficient configuration.
    That makes sense.